Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Planet defense mk II

Stealth orbitals will stop a 700 ship fleet cold if it doesn't have cloaking. I attacked a colony with 0 apparent defenses with a fleet of not quite 400 battleships - easily enough to capture an undefended colony. Lost the entire fleet to stealth orbitals because if they have it maxed, you can't see the orbitals period, and as long as there's orbitals you can't kill the colony.

battle

I don't mind loosing, I just think player made defenses should be what stops others, not inherit stuff that Is so powerful a dude who haven't done a thing since day one is still invincible 2 weeks later. People get knocked out of the race all the time, that's how this game rolls, keeping them there on life support is meaningless.

It is NOT hard to build a fleet to kill the homeworld of a player who hasn't played since day 1. Its about 2 and a half weeks in on one of my servers and I've built several fleets of 500+ ships. Started with cruisers, then mixed cruisers and battlecruisers, then battleships. I've LOST them all over time, but it's all been either ships lost attacking colonies of a player at war with me before I killed it, or fleets lost to defended planets.
    Last edited by VanderLegion; 06-20-2012 at 01:23 AM.

The fact of the matter is you need over 200 Battleshios to take out a 400Mu undefended planet. If he has defenses set up and then abandons the game, you gotta deal with it. Unless you or someone else can come up with a better way to implement Planet defense, without allowing grunt rushing than this is the way it is. I think the next update will solve a lot of people's complaints on both RO collection and Combat.

I'd love to opt out of a few games at this point so that I can concentrate on newer games… clearly there's some major balance issues and until they're addressed it's almost pointless for me to try in current games. I dislike this defeatist attitude, but I don't want to invest too much time into getting wiped because someone is leveraging unbalanced game mechanics vs tactics. Still love the game… just not having a positive experience on one or two servers.

Well, a Researcher won on Aruru, so I'm not sure Traders really are that overpowered. Yes, they can build ships faster than anyone, but they aren't winning games. Not yet at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
    Well, a Researcher won on Aruru, so I'm not sure Traders really are that overpowered. Yes, they can build ships faster than anyone, but they aren't winning games. Not yet at least.
    I think the first few games everyone was a gentleman not attacking to much, just learning the ropes. So not surprised that a Researcher could win.

In newer games you have to use geurilla warfare to slow down bigger players. You know something if someone takes one of my worlds I may not even know it due to the lack of combat reports. I think all the little players should attack the bigger ones to see how that goes.

I am thinking about attacking one of the bigger players just for the heck of it since it is an older server.

We really need a marking tool to keep track of worlds that we are plaknning to do something.

Perhaps a Territory Map Overview that shows who you've discovered and who owns what.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeWhiz View Post
    I am thinking about attacking one of the bigger players just for the heck of it
    War is not always the best option. But sure, if you like to see what happens try it and tell us how it went

They're thankfully working on adding a lot of these suggestions already, and with every new and possible suggestion they are doing their best to get it added.

Other than that, attacking and planning attacks has been a blast in my newest server. Irkalla I'm just researching.