Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post
I agree with Strongbad, until they overhaul the mechanics, it's pretty difficult to take the game seriously.

SG7 and ChickenHawk, the two of you probably log more hours in this game than everyone else combined. You are online constantly. So for you to claim that the gameplay is balanced is also hard to take seriously. If you are building 100+ battleships in 4 hours, that means you have at least 10 full population colonies with enough RO at each to keep up production. Obviously, you are Traders, because neither other class has the faintest chance of keeping up with that rate.

As I was explaining to ChickenHawk just before he double crossed our alliance (haha), my entire objective on Nergal was to see how much RO I could collect as a Warlord without trading. I suspected it wasn't possible to reach 440k and I was right. Even with a number of Jovian outposts and rank 9 in Advanced Materials Collection, do you want to know how much RO I have? 34k. And that's with spending NONE of it along the way. I could have researched Capital Ship Construction days ago, but what would be the point? Build 5 dreads and then be completely broke?

Now, I was playing what I consider aggressively in terms of expansion, but obviously not even close to aggressively enough compared to what these guys are doing. Maybe the game just isn't for me, but if it's about crapping out outpost and colony ships 24/7 and micromanaging where they go, I'm not interested. I already spend more time on this game than I want to, if you want people like me to keep playing, you have to do more to level the playing field.

Here I am thinking I'm being productive building 4 battleships an hour, and then these guys talk this nonsense. It's silly.

Also, protip: Traders are broken.

I agree with JetJaguar -- I am trying out a trader on another server and have already killed off one player by pking his planet with battleships simply because I went for them right away knowing from Irakalla that it can be done by a trader type. When I hear that one can build so many battleships that is only true of one of the character types with such impunity. I am playing my trader as a Warlord to prove the point - and can mess up any of the weaker or newer players I want to as long as I do not want to win as a trader. And even then I bet I have a shot if i kill off as many players I can or keep others busy while I search for the artifacts along the way.

I personally feel that there are two major areas that need effort right away. Balancing of character types and administrative tools. If one of these areas was working well I think it would be easier to be patient with the game. Listen.....we have no battle reports! That is not something small to have missing from a war type game. That is simply frustrating.

I like the devs - they listen and are involved. I hope the player base will still be around by the time things improve. I wish they had had more keys to have done a proper beta test.