Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
Well, that seems debatable, actually. For example, I'm currently playing another game which has been around since 2010 that is not only available on iOS devices, but also Android (with everyone playing against each other)... it has (many) multiple servers of games going simultanteously... thousands of players on each server... it has a large map... it has resource gathering... building of large armies... battles.... upgrading.... chat... alliances... leaderboards...push notifications... in-game email... etc. All of which function as they should, and with screen tabs which are easy to read and figure out. Of course, it's not space-themed, but still, you have to admit that all similar functionalities (plus some) are there, so it is possible and has been done before.

Why is why I have hopes that this game will eventually evolve and get the wrinkles worked out and become quite awesome.
I suppose it's possible, but I wasn't aware of another game out there that had a monthly fee without IAP freemiums. There's one that I think I might have seen (something like middle ages or knights and magic... I don't know). In the end we don't (well, I don't) know if the game you're referencing is a Port. If they simply ported a PC game over to an iOS and Android platform it isn't the same as building a game from the ground up to run solely on an MMO's Monthly subscription base. It could be a ground floor game, but I somehow doubt it, unless they're a major developer.