Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
^ Very well put Vander. And sorry Jet about the dismissal from Ningal. Oh, and I haven't taken any time off work for this game or for that coordinated strike against you. Hell, I did that while tending a brushfire. This is the type of game where you can do that, which is why I love it so much. And I'm totally with Vander on the fact that if I buy a game, I want to be able to play as much as I like. You limit me, I'm out. And I completely disagree with you that you HAVE to play this game 100 hours a week to be successful. If you were smart about your defenses, your HW and Colony planets wouldn't have been easy pickings. I only lost 63 battleships taking your Homeworld. Next time you play, I suggest loading up your Colonies and HW with multiple Orbital Defense Systems, ESPECIALLY if you don't plan on playing very often throughout the day.

On Irkalla I might sign in once every 4 days, just to make sure my Research Queue is still operating properly. Yes, I've lost a bunch of outposts because of it, but my core worlds are fine and I'm just waiting for Interstellar Commerce to finishing researching.

It's all about how you approach the game and what you expect to get out of it. If you expect to win, you and a lot of other people are going to be sorely disappointed. If you're playing because you enjoy this type of game, you're going to be happy no matter what happens.
I get that you are a fanboy of this game, but give me a break. You seriously think I don't understand the concept of defending my territory? It's true, I was "dismissed" because I had crappy defenses. That was mainly because I was focusing on RO collection and gambling that you wouldn't betray me, both of which were obviously bad choices.

But regardless, with you being a Trader and playing more than I did, I never would have had a chance even if we weren't allies. There was no "coordinated strike." You just built a bigger fleet than I could, sent it directly to my homeworld, and it's Game Over for JetJaguar2000. You aren't really that naive to think that makes for a balanced, fun game, are you? There isn't a number of defenses I could build that you wouldn't be able to overrun. (On a side note, another gameplay fail: being able to have your homeworld knocked out in one strike, regardless of how big your empire is otherwise, but that's another discussion)

The game right now is not a game. It's purely a race to see who can build a colony-killing fleet first. There are no interesting strategic or tactical decisions that lead up to this outcome, it is entirely about claiming as many worlds as possible, which means meticulously ordering probes and outpost ships around, which is boring and caters to the guy willing to sit there and do that.

Once again, I am willing to concede that maybe this game is not for me, if that's what it's about. At first I thought this game was going to blow Starbase Orion out of the water, but now that I've played through a couple of games, I realize it is much less strategic and interesting. That's a shame, because it seemed to have a lot more promise than that.