Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Active Servers

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
    ^ Very well put Vander. And sorry Jet about the dismissal from Ningal. Oh, and I haven't taken any time off work for this game or for that coordinated strike against you. Hell, I did that while tending a brushfire. This is the type of game where you can do that, which is why I love it so much. And I'm totally with Vander on the fact that if I buy a game, I want to be able to play as much as I like. You limit me, I'm out. And I completely disagree with you that you HAVE to play this game 100 hours a week to be successful. If you were smart about your defenses, your HW and Colony planets wouldn't have been easy pickings. I only lost 63 battleships taking your Homeworld. Next time you play, I suggest loading up your Colonies and HW with multiple Orbital Defense Systems, ESPECIALLY if you don't plan on playing very often throughout the day.

On Irkalla I might sign in once every 4 days, just to make sure my Research Queue is still operating properly. Yes, I've lost a bunch of outposts because of it, but my core worlds are fine and I'm just waiting for Interstellar Commerce to finishing researching.

It's all about how you approach the game and what you expect to get out of it. If you expect to win, you and a lot of other people are going to be sorely disappointed. If you're playing because you enjoy this type of game, you're going to be happy no matter what happens.
    I get that you are a fanboy of this game, but give me a break. You seriously think I don't understand the concept of defending my territory? It's true, I was "dismissed" because I had crappy defenses. That was mainly because I was focusing on RO collection and gambling that you wouldn't betray me, both of which were obviously bad choices.

But regardless, with you being a Trader and playing more than I did, I never would have had a chance even if we weren't allies. There was no "coordinated strike." You just built a bigger fleet than I could, sent it directly to my homeworld, and it's Game Over for JetJaguar2000. You aren't really that naive to think that makes for a balanced, fun game, are you? There isn't a number of defenses I could build that you wouldn't be able to overrun. (On a side note, another gameplay fail: being able to have your homeworld knocked out in one strike, regardless of how big your empire is otherwise, but that's another discussion)

The game right now is not a game. It's purely a race to see who can build a colony-killing fleet first. There are no interesting strategic or tactical decisions that lead up to this outcome, it is entirely about claiming as many worlds as possible, which means meticulously ordering probes and outpost ships around, which is boring and caters to the guy willing to sit there and do that.

Once again, I am willing to concede that maybe this game is not for me, if that's what it's about. At first I thought this game was going to blow Starbase Orion out of the water, but now that I've played through a couple of games, I realize it is much less strategic and interesting. That's a shame, because it seemed to have a lot more promise than that.

Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post
    Once again, I am willing to concede that maybe this game is not for me, if that's what it's about. At first I thought this game was going to blow Starbase Orion out of the water, but now that I've played through a couple of games, I realize it is much less strategic and interesting. That's a shame, because it seemed to have a lot more promise than that.
    I never expected it to do that, they're pretty much two completely different types of games, both 4X but vastly different implementations. Also, I'm too big a fanboy of SO for anything else to replace it without being SPECTACULARLY good (and a similar style game, or else I'd probably just play both, as I am with Empire). I still think Empire has the promise to be a really good game, but it does still need some work...

It was a coordinated attack Jet, as Pasrons and I both began attacking your colonies in concert. It took planning and timing. That's another thing that makes this game so awesome, the political back room deals that go on. I had been feeding him into on you for a long time. Try to find another game on iPhone that gets even remotely close to this one, and I'll pay for your wasted $2. And yes, I say you don't know how to defend your colonies. You and I only had a loose alliance, no Protection guarantee or trade routes were established. So for you to ignore Defense Orbitals and Advanced Orbitals, which cost Zero RO to produce, was foolish. The game offers so many possibilities. There's a warlord out there in Ningal, Alzalhimer, or something like that, who has almost 2,000,000 points. You had something like 500,000... So it's obviously possible to be successful as a warlord.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
    It was a coordinated attack Jet, as Pasrons and I both began attacking your colonies in concert. It took planning and timing. That's another thing that makes this game so awesome, the political back room deals that go on. I had been feeding him into on you for a long time. Try to find another game on iPhone that gets even remotely close to this one, and I'll pay for your wasted $2. And yes, I say you don't know how to defend your colonies. You and I only had a loose alliance, no Protection guarantee or trade routes were established. So for you to ignore Defense Orbitals and Advanced Orbitals, which cost Zero RO to produce, was foolish. The game offers so many possibilities. There's a warlord out there in Ningal, Alzalhimer, or something like that, who has almost 2,000,000 points. You had something like 500,000... So it's obviously possible to be successful as a warlord.
    Dude, you don't get it. I'm glad you have come up with a narrative about back room deals and political intrigue that makes you happy, but the reality of the game is not nearly as interesting. Either you or Parsons could have destroyed me singlehandedly at any point, because you both were playing more than me, and at least one of you was a Trader. You say you were feeding him intel about me for a long time? What intel? All my systems and activities were plainly visible to anyone with a probe, no secrets there. You say you only lost 63 battleships attacking my home world -- I didn't even have 63 battleships in total! There was absolutely nothing interesting that happened during that game. I was mostly sitting around waiting to see how much RO I could generate with rank 9 in AMC.

The gameplay is so linear and predictable you can literally plan out your timeline on paper before the game starts, and that's it. The only variable is whether you will spend the time to optimize your expansion management so that you hit your milestones faster than the next guy.

Anyways, whatever. Clearly you find that fun and "intriguing." I find it annoying and banal.

SMH.... It seems we've lost you to the darkside...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Open Server...
    You missed Mammetum.

Quote Originally Posted by SG7 View Post
    The win does not come from nowhere. Only few people could win the game. And you should know it well. I met them all…

For the sake of the argument what would you do knowing that that person is Raven, FINBit, SG7rex, Vander or Veri? What would you do in the last few days differently? Would you attack his well-guarded homeworld? Would you start destroying his outposts, or trading routs? If you are economically weak you stand no chance. If you are powerful the war is not always the best option...
    Congratulations, SG7. Well played. The mistake I made in this game was prioritizing maxing out Advanced Materials Collection over aggressively climbing the Science Skils Tree. I have twice your point score right now, but you played the Researcher role the way it was supposed to be and will win because of it.

Learning for future games - if you are Researcher, go for Graviton Physics as fast as you can and start collapsing stars. You'll likely have enough Rare Ore by that point, anyway. Advanced Materials Collection is still important, just don't lose time maxing it out.

Do we think Warlord and Trader are balanced with Researcher for winning conditions?

I would think it would be easy for a warlord to slow down a researcher - all you have to do is kill Solar Core Taps as he makes them. Trader, not so sure.

Wow, congrats SG7. Didn't realize it was you. Very cool.