Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Current Active Servers

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Well, that seems debatable, actually. For example, I'm currently playing another game which has been around since 2010 that is not only available on iOS devices, but also Android (with everyone playing against each other)... it has (many) multiple servers of games going simultanteously... thousands of players on each server... it has a large map... it has resource gathering... building of large armies... battles.... upgrading.... chat... alliances... leaderboards...push notifications... in-game email... etc. All of which function as they should, and with screen tabs which are easy to read and figure out. Of course, it's not space-themed, but still, you have to admit that all similar functionalities (plus some) are there, so it is possible and has been done before.

Why is why I have hopes that this game will eventually evolve and get the wrinkles worked out and become quite awesome.
    I suppose it's possible, but I wasn't aware of another game out there that had a monthly fee without IAP freemiums. There's one that I think I might have seen (something like middle ages or knights and magic... I don't know). In the end we don't (well, I don't) know if the game you're referencing is a Port. If they simply ported a PC game over to an iOS and Android platform it isn't the same as building a game from the ground up to run solely on an MMO's Monthly subscription base. It could be a ground floor game, but I somehow doubt it, unless they're a major developer.

Oh and Vander, Zark just posted in the Future Changes thread and said they're converting everyone to free status. But I think that only address everyOne who has already joined and paid their $2. But in the end, it should work out the same for n00bs as well. They'll pay their $2 just like the rest of us and then convert to free status until the game is running as intended. If someone really feels slighted, they'll just have to get Apple to issue them a refund

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
    Oh and Vander, Zark just posted in the Future Changes thread and said they're converting everyone to free status. But I think that only address everyOne who has already joined and paid their $2. But in the end, it should work out the same for n00bs as well. They'll pay their $2 just like the rest of us and then convert to free status until the game is running as intended. If someone really feels slighted, they'll just have to get Apple to issue them a refund
    I saw that. My worry was just getting a bunch of angry people who pick it up and pay for it then start ranting or leaving bad reviews because of known issues. Either way, we'll see. Looking forward to the incoming changes

^ Yeah, the sooner the better.

Is Nisaha down? cant seem to log in?

What the hell is this I just pay for the game and the only open server is aurur and it doesn't let me join it? So I am paying for a game I can't play?!?! Fuck this you lucky bastards were able to rip me off but that's all you get is $2 I'm going to Order&chaos, it's better then this steam pile of crap. Although if there would be permanent servers like ogame where you build up and try to become the best of the best out of millions of others then I'll pay the fee to play due to the graphics and fairly neat play style, but temporary servers till some one wins and start over, fuck that.
    Last edited by Jason Proulx; 07-20-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Correction

New servers have a designated start time so that all players who register start at the same time (this game is a marathon to victory and only one person can win). Go play on the tutorial server for a few days to get the hang of this game until Aruru starts. A new server launches at least once per week.

Once Aruru starts, you will be able to join it and work on your empire whenever you want (24/7) until someone wins. You can also play on more than one server at a time (not literally at the same moment, but at concurrently during their play period). This game is not a persistent world MMO like world of warcraft where we all hug and kill dragons together, it is a competitive game.

Given your post here, though, maybe we're better off without you...

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Arnaud View Post
    Once Aruru starts, you will be able to join it and work on your empire whenever you want (24/7) until someone wins. You can also play on more than one server at a time (not literally at the same moment, but at concurrently during their play period). This game is not a persistent world MMO like world of warcraft where we all hug and kill dragons together, it is a competitive game.

Given your post here, though, maybe we're better off without you...
    Hey, I got into the tutorial server and played around for a few hours before work and you have a fun game here but I'm not to happy with the race to the finish aspect of the game seeing how I work for the majority of the time and theres the kids so your right when you said I probably don't belong here. I thought it would be more like Lords&Knights or Ogame type of play style with a better interface and a few more interactive things to do. Your discription in the store doesn't say that the play style is more of a race to win and I think you should make it more clear so you don't get pissed off people like I was. If I had known it was like that I would never have purchased it.
    Last edited by Jason Proulx; 07-20-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Proulx View Post
    Hey, I got into the tutorial server and played around for a few hours before work and you have a fun game here but I'm not to happy with the race to the finish aspect of the game seeing how I work for the majority of the time and theres the kids so your right when you said I probably don't belong here. I thought it would be more like Lords&Knights or Ogame type of play style with a better interface and a few more interactive things to do. Your discription in the store doesn't say that the play style is more of a race to win and I think you should make it more clear so you don't get pissed off people like I was. If I had known it was like that I would never have purchased it.
    While it's a race to win, that doesn't mean that you won't stand a chance with working and having kids. Theres been a couple of games now I believe where people proved you could win without sinking a ton of time into it - something like limiting themselves to 5 or 10 minute periods of play a few times a day and nothing else, and still managed to win.