Thread: Re: Aruru. SG7rex has won.

Re: Aruru. SG7rex has won.

As the first official commercial winner on the first EofE server Aruru, I would like to say a few words.

Firstly, a big thanks to the whole EofE team for the support and guidance which I and other players received on this forum and during the play. Also congratulations on designing awesome iOS game!
    It was my first EofE game ever. It was fun, stressful and exciting. I was doubting if I could compete with seasoned players like RavenZachary and others. With great efforts I achieved what I wanted from the beginning. I beat 129 players.
    I chose to play as the Researcher class since it was close to my profession and character. Despite winning by the planets killed condition, I also created 18 black holes. I read Raven's guide when he was way ahead of me. At the end of the game, the score gap between us diminished.
    My stat reported 1,870,000 score with 165 planets and 85 colonies. I had very productive colonies in 6 galaxies and had probed the whole Universe.
    I would also like to thank all the players whom I met online for their help and fair play, namely, Anomander, NeverNamed, Trom and FINbit.
    Thank you to RavenZachary and ChickenHawk07 for your early congratulations.

Good luck to all new players. You can do it!

Congratulations! Well deserved and I was schooled by a n00b. I learned some good lessons from this game.

Awesome, congrats!

Just curious though… could you give a rough estimate of how many hours a day you put in? I think I'm putting in too many hours… lol

Thanks WhiteLion!
    It is never too many hours to play My first week was very intense and critical. Practically, I checked the situation every 20-30 minutes and made adjustments. I admit that I was probably overdoing it but I did not want to get surprised by unexpected attack or miss a good planet. I had to establish my main net of colonies. I had to map Galaxies around my world. My home world was located in the left upper corner of the Universe which was not the best spot at all.
    Since it was my first game most of the stuff was new too me. I spent some time reading forum and asking questions. I spent a lot of time thinking what I should research and what is a proper order for it. But it was fun.

Congratulations. Now, I see why I am unable to log in to that server. I figured it was only a matter of time as i saw numerous black-holes emerging.

Congrats again on your win! And thanks for the shout-out!

ChickenHawk07 and brenlen - thanks! I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by brenlen View Post
    Now, I see why I am unable to log in to that server.
    Yes, It would be great if server stays up for a while giving info who is a winner. Universe could be put in a suspended mode. No orders would be executed anymore but all players could inspect all colonies in probed sectors. Sectors of the winner could be marked so all players can easy find them and take a look inside.

Congrats SG7rex!!

-VK (aka FINbit)

Quote Originally Posted by SG7 View Post
    As the first official commercial winner on the first EofE server Aruru, I would like to say a few words.

Firstly, a big thanks to the whole EofE team for the support and guidance which I and other players received on this forum and during the play. Also congratulations on designing awesome iOS game!
    It was my first EofE game ever. It was fun, stressful and exciting. I was doubting if I could compete with seasoned players like RavenZachary and others. With great efforts I achieved what I wanted from the beginning. I beat 129 players.
    I chose to play as the Researcher class since it was close to my profession and character. Despite winning by the planets killed condition, I also created 18 black holes. I read Raven's guide when he was way ahead of me. At the end of the game, the score gap between us diminished.
    My stat reported 1,870,000 score with 165 planets and 85 colonies. I had very productive colonies in 6 galaxies and had probed the whole Universe.
    I would also like to thank all the players whom I met online for their help and fair play, namely, Anomander, NeverNamed, Trom and FINbit.
    Thank you to RavenZachary and ChickenHawk07 for your early congratulations.

Good luck to all new players. You can do it!