Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ninhursag victory

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Edit: Oh. Yes, conquer doesn't do it, the planets have to be killed. I wasn't reading closely.
    That begs 2 questions then.
    1) Why does it show progress toward a warlord win whenever you conquer a homeworld?
    2) How on earth is someone supposed to get a warlord win without being a warlord? You guys have said on here that you odn't have to get your own specialty's victory, you can get others. But if you have to destroy homeworlds for warlord, that means only a warlord can do it as only they can build the planet killer. Only researchers can create solar core taps to make black holes to get their victory. That would basically mean anyone can get a trader victory (excluding the fact that NO one can get it because the requirements are ridiculously unbalanced), but traders can ONLY get their own victory or the artifacts. Also, that brings up the question of how SG7 was able to win on Aruru with the warlord victory as a researcher by capturing homeworlds...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    The wins are bugged, I have a patch I am testing tonight.

Edit: Oh. Yes, conquer doesn't do it, the planets have to be killed. I wasn't reading closely.
    Ummm yeah.… then why when you conquer a HW does it fulfill the PK win requirements in the Stats for both the Player PKs and the Win Requirements?

What counts as a PK? I have 13 listed? I took over the HWs and it states PK. ITHOUGHT 18 worlds was win?

I was going behind Vanderbilt and grabbing whatever he took would that effect anything?

Lot of bugs I see too:

One panet took it over but it let me build battleships without a shipyard. After battleships were built it would not let e build anything with two of the factories. Very weird.

Hyperspace: got the tech but stil die when I go into those zones. Why?

My email not working on new iPad so cannot give bug reports.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeWhiz View Post
    What counts as a PK? I have 13 listed? I took over the HWs and it states PK. ITHOUGHT 18 worlds was win?

I was going behind Vanderbilt and grabbing whatever he took would that effect anything?
    Apparently the progress display is bugged. You have to actually destroy the homeworlds with a planet killer for it to count, capturing it with other ships doesn't work, just has the display bugged to count em. And dunno who you were following behind and grabbing whatever they took, but it wasn't me (and I don't see a Vanderbilt on Ninhursag), I still have at least 17 homeworlds (didn't look close enough to see if I lost a couple past that), but I hadn't lost any until the last day or two when I went and scrapped all of the energy arrays I had built to defend em so i could build more battleships. Decided if I can't win by capturing homeworlds, I might as well just kill as much as I can in the meantime since I'll never be able to get the trader victory.

Lot of bugs I see too:
    Hyperspace: got the tech but stil die when I go into those zones. Why?
    Hyperspace only protects you from Black Holes around the galaxy. The Zone in the center of the galaxy isn't black holes, it's Aliens, and requires you to have a certain amount of research before you can get in (not a specific tech, just enough total research, dunno how much is needed).

I was following Vanderbilt, he was naming each homeworld he took "homeworld 8" and so on

Thanks for hyperspace info.

I am done with this game until it improves drastically. Not only the balance issues but better admin aids too. The game really needs waypoints to send ships to rather than the manual method it uses now. Also a way to know who is getting close to victory.

Good luck to the dev team, I wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeWhiz View Post
    I was following Vanderbilt, he was naming each homeworld he took "homeworld 8" and so on

Thanks for hyperspace info.

I am done with this game until it improves drastically. Not only the balance issues but better admin aids too. The game really needs waypoints to send ships to rather than the manual method it uses now. Also a way to know who is getting close to victory.

Good luck to the dev team, I wish you the best.
    I see no player on Ninhursag named Vanderbilt. I was indeed using that naming for a lot of my homeworlds, but I've only lost 2 of them (one of them was indeed Homeworld 8), and that wasn't until well after I would have already won if capturing homeworlds counted for the win condition.

sry meant Vanderbilt not Vanderbuilt.

I'm getting close to winning with solar taps… but the count doesn't seem to be working.

I think Prof X already solar tapped win conditions too.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more players who also solar tapped enough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLion View Post
    I'm getting close to winning with solar taps… but the count doesn't seem to be working.
    This has already been discussed elsewhere. The reporting for the progress tab is broken so it shows you at 0/12, but the game actually DOES track how many you've created and you will win when you get enough.