Thread: how to trade?

how to trade?

How does that work?
    Cargos sent to player. Nothing happens...

To set up a trade route send a ship (harvester, cargo ship, freighter) to the other player's planet you want to trade with. When you select your ship while it's at their planet there will be a new icon you can select to set up the trade right (to the right of the harvesting icon). Select that, then select the destination planet (whichver planet of yours you want the route to go to) to set up the route.

The only thing Vander left out is that you must be a Peace with said player. Servers are supposed to start with Embargo as the default setting, which won't allow you to trade. So contact the person you want to trade with and ask for a Peace setting so you set up that Trade Route.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
    The only thing Vander left out is that you must be a Peace with said player. Servers are supposed to start with Embargo as the default setting, which won't allow you to trade. So contact the person you want to trade with and ask for a Peace setting so you set up that Trade Route.
    That change hasn't happened yet. At least, it hadn't a few days ago when Atargatis went live, still starting at peace with everyone.

Also there is a bug that doesn't allow you to set up more than one trade from a planet per day, that's on the to be fixed list.

Quote Originally Posted by VanderLegion View Post
    That change hasn't happened yet. At least, it hadn't a few days ago when Atargatis went live, still starting at peace with everyone.
    Errrrr, they were supposed to fix that back when 1.0.7 came out. I told them it was still showing peace, but they said it was only a visual bug, but I guess we now know that was false. :-(

do both players have to set the diplomacy to peace?

Quote Originally Posted by Enforc3r View Post
    do both players have to set the diplomacy to peace?
    The person who's planet you want to trade with (it it is working properly) does. And I assume you also have to set said player to a peace setting as well.

Nowni learned to trade but server is gone... Sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
    Errrrr, they were supposed to fix that back when 1.0.7 came out. I told them it was still showing peace, but they said it was only a visual bug, but I guess we now know that was false. :-(
    Well, it's always possible it IS just a visual bug that didn't get fixed yet. I hadn't quite gotten to the point on Atargatis of actually trying to trade with anyone (same on the new server).