Thread: Irkalla: Game 4 Ended. Researcher Raven wins

Irkalla: Game 4 Ended. Researcher Raven wins

Mezzanine also reached the Researcher goal about an hour after Raven did.

Woah, a close one! What makes me happy about this win is that I limited myself to three logins per day, five minutes max each (breakfast, lunch, dinner).

You don't have to play obsessively to win!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzachary View Post
    Woah, a close one! What makes me happy about this win is that I limited myself to three logins per day, five minutes max each (breakfast, lunch, dinner).

You don't have to play obsessively to win!
    It helps that warlords and traders can't win right now :P

A bit disappointed in two ways: The end of the game was signalled by a message stating "Unable to find Irkalla in the list of active servers" - not at all informative.

But, worse, as a researcher I had created 4 black holes and was on the way to my fifth - but none of these were shown under my progress towards victory. I reported this as a bug after I had created my second black hole and waited several days for a response before I assumed it was just a client issue and carried on ... I doubt I could have won, but I could certainly have been much closer to achieving victory ...

The fact that push notifications aren't working didn't help my early game either - initially I was waiting for notifications and only logging in infrequently, and again after 1.0.7 was released, if the notifications had been working my early game would have been a lot faster.

And yes, I know the stock response will be "well you should have been reading the forum more often", but the attraction of this game is that it *should* fit around my life, not the other way around - I don't have time to read all the forum posts daily (and I guess many others will be in the same situation).

I won't be signing up for any new games until the victory conditions screens show accurate details and the notification system is working correctly! Hopefully these issues will both be fixed in the next build - and the next build will hopefully be out before the free month is up because I'll be very reluctant to ay for further subscription time if I can't see for myself that the issues are resolved first...

Raven, great news! Congratulations! I was absolutly sure that you would win on one of the servers soon.
    The fact that you could limit yourself to the strict schedule and still win is the awesome achievement!
    Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Tollen View Post
    A bit disappointed in two ways: The end of the game was signalled by a message stating "Unable to find Irkalla in the list of active servers" - not at all informative.

But, worse, as a researcher I had created 4 black holes and was on the way to my fifth - but none of these were shown under my progress towards victory. I reported this as a bug after I had created my second black hole and waited several days for a response before I assumed it was just a client issue and carried on ... I doubt I could have won, but I could certainly have been much closer to achieving victory ...

The fact that push notifications aren't working didn't help my early game either - initially I was waiting for notifications and only logging in infrequently, and again after 1.0.7 was released, if the notifications had been working my early game would have been a lot faster.

And yes, I know the stock response will be "well you should have been reading the forum more often", but the attraction of this game is that it *should* fit around my life, not the other way around - I don't have time to read all the forum posts daily (and I guess many others will be in the same situation).

I won't be signing up for any new games until the victory conditions screens show accurate details and the notification system is working correctly! Hopefully these issues will both be fixed in the next build - and the next build will hopefully be out before the free month is up because I'll be very reluctant to ay for further subscription time if I can't see for myself that the issues are resolved first...
    It's actually more than a free month at this point. They're setting everyone to free mode until things are working right/changes go in.