Thread: Nisaha: Factories deleted

Nisaha: Factories deleted

Nisaha crashed this afternoon, and the restart failed because the factory table was corrupt. I went in to the backup copy to remove the bad entry and instead the tool deleted all the records and not just the one I had selected.

All ships that were building have therefore been lost.

Two fuckups in a week, I am really sorry about this. Forget the bugs, I'm fixing our backup process right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Nisaha crashed this afternoon, and the restart failed because the factory table was corrupt. I went in to the backup copy to remove the bad entry and instead the tool deleted all the records and not just the one I had selected.

All ships that were building have therefore been lost.

Two fuckups in a week, I am really sorry about this. Forget the bugs, I'm fixing our backup process right now.
    At least losing everything that was being built by factories isn't nearly as bad as losing complete servers (though if anyone had shipyards almost done it'll suck to have to start em over). But yah, sounds like fixing the backup is a good plan :P. Fortunately, I'm not on Nisaha so it I don't have to worry about it this time. I was on Atargatis sadly, was doing quite well too

Edit: Also, at least you HAVE backups, even if there's been problems with them. Seen other places where there was no backup and much worse things have happened...

that's what happened

It all makes sense now and like he said at least we still have the server eh