Thread: Bug report - Terraforming

Bug report - Terraforming

I thought this was going to be a minor bug, but maybe not. 2 things I've noticed concerning terraforming.

1) Terraforming ships will not accept move orders while orbiting a planet. Does not matter wether it is terraforming or not. I have to first tell it to go to an empty hex near the sun. Then issue move orders to another planet from that point.

2) Terraforming animation persists when I move the terra former away from that planet before full terraforming is complete. One time it only persisted until my next log in to the server. The most recent persisted through several log ins and through the night. It only stopped when I was trying to gather info for this post and appears it may have caused a minor server problem? I lost connection and server dropped from my list. I had to attempt logging back in a few times. although the animation persisted, the actual terraforming did not. The planetary value never increased above the 80% that it was when I moved the terra former
    Info
    Game Nisaha
    Galaxy 0,1
    Sector 5,6
    Planet 614 persistent animation
    Planet 612 where terra former is now

Don't know if this helps or not since the animation has stopped. But maybe you can verify if anything happened at approx 10:10am mst USA

Sorry. This should be in the tech support forum but I think I have messed that up

I'm guessing the animation continuing is just a visual bug in the same vein as the fact that combat animation will frequently continue at a planet long after the combat is actually complete.

2 would be a flags bug. I don't quite understand the first. If it accepts the move to an empty hex, then it should accept a move to anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    2 would be a flags bug. I don't quite understand the first. If it accepts the move to an empty hex, then it should accept a move to anywhere.
    I've noticed the same issue, had terraformers that weren't actively terraforming but when I give them move orders, nothing happens, they just continue to sit there. Haven't tried moving to an empty hex as he suggested.

Nope on the move. I can go through the motions of telling it to move and the notice even pops up at the bottom saying that's its moving, but it will not actually move from orbit to orbit

For some strange reason it will only move from orbit to open hex or open hex to orbit

i've noticed the same. Another way to unblock the ship is to transform it in a fleet or from a fleet to single ship. After that it can move normally again