Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skill Points?

Skill Points?

I searched but could find nothing specific about Skill Points. I see in the details of various players that overall score does not seem to correspond to the number of skill points acquired.

Would someone be willing to share some specifics as to how and what contributes to skill points earned?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the skill points are tied directly to the research tree.

From my observations, Skill Points are the total number of technologies you have developed (including each rank in those skills). For example, if you have Rank 9 Advanced Materials Collection and Rank 1 in Offensive Initiative, you would have 10 skill points in total.

Since I believe the skill points are related to how fast you can access the center of the map (and presumably obtain artifacts), this opens up the strategic option of focusing on fast to research, low-tier technologies, sacrificing access to powerful abilities for the opportunity to get first crack at an alternate win condition.

That's a very real possibility, as in Ningal, which ends August 4th, or sooner if Romars ends it with Solar Taps, and I'm at 43 skill points. Most of those are very high level skills though, and I still can't access the center. I also have not noticed the center shrinking, as you stated in a previous post.

Definitely no shrinkage of the center in Ningal. And I'm at 44 Skillpoints and 1555 Skills. And my ships/fleets still die attempting to
    Cross the DMZ.

Just noticed on Nanshe the center seems to be way smaller than the other servers. But it is also only 4 Galaxy server.
    They probably adjusted it to fit a smaller map. Ill keep trying to send probes in though. Pretty sure it will be impossiballs
    to try it on the tutorial server. Because they would want win conditions turned off.

The centre does scale to the size of the universe which was spawned.

The points for a skill are the Tier * rank. Your tech level is your points / (max points/10). Until you reach TL 6 your ships will vanish in the centre.

What is max points exactly

I see "Skills" and "Skill Pts", but nothing labeled "tech level." Skill Pts matches accordingly with the number of items I have researched (including 1 point for each of the 9 levels I have in AMC), but I do not see a correlation with that and the value I see listed on my details sheet for Skills. I.e. I can't figure out how the value for Skills is determined.

Further, this explanation didn't help me determine when I have "TL 6".

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Arnaud View Post
    I see "Skills" and "Skill Pts", but nothing labeled "tech level." Skill Pts matches accordingly with the number of items I have researched (including 1 point for each of the 9 levels I have in AMC), but I do not see a correlation with that and the value I see listed on my details sheet for Skills. I.e. I can't figure out how the value for Skills is determined.

Further, this explanation didn't help me determine when I have "TL 6".
    As soon as you've researched a tier 6 research item I'd imagine.