Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skill Points?

Astrophysics at level 7, and still no access to the centre of the map.

Working on Hyperspace Physics now.

I'm also pretty sure I am TL6… but maybe I calculated wrong… I just don't know….

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLion View Post
    Astrophysics at level 7, and still no access to the centre of the map.

Working on Hyperspace Physics now.

I'm also pretty sure I am TL6… but maybe I calculated wrong… I just don't know….
    Again, I don't think that specific techs have any bearing. What calculation are you using to conclude that you are at tech level 6? Take a look at my posts on page 2 of this thread. I do not believe tech level 6 is currently possible even for researchers. The best I could caclulate (before the server ends) using various math permutations was 252 points, which is tech level 5.833.

Max points is what you would have if you had all skills trained to rank 9. The server calculates this when the game starts based on the number of skills it loads from the database. I don't know what the number is offhand, since it isn't hardcoded.

It's not about the highest tier trained; having a Tier 6 skill doesn't give you Tech level 6.

Edit: I pulled this from the log during a launch:

There are 51 skills loaded
    Total skill points are 1566
    Points per tech level is 156

So it looks like you would need 936 pts for TL 6.

I have patched Nergal to remove the TL 6 requirement to explore the centre, since the mechanic is clearly broken.

Crap I just saw your post…. I got all excited I finally figured the mystery out…

Thought all you had to do was use your Tech 6 skill once… like Solar Tap or PK and you achieve TL6 advancement. Kind of like how some games require you to launch an atom bomb or satellite to move from one revolution to the next. (Civilizations is the example I used).

I'd like to keep the idea of making the centre offlimits until you reach a certain level. When we redid the skills, we forgot to think about the fact that you could no longer get as many skill points, so the tech level thing just didn't work any more. I'm not sure what will replace it, I guess we need to spreadsheet out what the possible range of skillpoints might be after four weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    I'd like to keep the idea of making the centre offlimits until you reach a certain level. When we redid the skills, we forgot to think about the fact that you could no longer get as many skill points, so the tech level thing just didn't work any more. I'm not sure what will replace it, I guess we need to spreadsheet out what the possible range of skillpoints might be after four weeks.
    Keep in mind that basing access to the center on skill points makes gives Researchers an advantage, and it is already easier to win as a Researcher.