Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belitli Glitched

Belitli Glitched

I attacked a Homeworld about 10 mins ago and won. Placed a few orbitals. Then game crashed.
    I logged back in only to find that the Home Colony was back in the oponents hands.
    But the PK registered in details.

My ships are also perma stuck. I can send them to try attack again but nothing happens.

Relogged again to find orbitals also missing. I could view it earlier but they didnt do anything.
    Unfortunately i didnt think of taking Screenies in time.

The last issue was fixed now after a server restart.

But now im missing a fleet of 250 ships or so. Just happened today I think. I know they are missing cos my object count is still high and I dont see them anywhere.

Bump pls. Character name is Enforcer just in case ur wondering.

Pretty much stopped playing over a week ago because of this.

I've had some errors on Belitlli as well, but most of them were graphical in nature. Things seem to be working better right at the moment, maybe following a reset?

Whose homeworld did you take, if you don't mind me asking?

I know about the graphical errors. And yes an app reset fixes it most of the time. But my problem is totally different. I'm actually unable to
    replace the missing 200+ objects. And pretty sure last thing it did was sit idle at a star.

To be more specific, in the ship list it will say I have xx Cruisers at location Gxx, yy Sxx, YY. I click on the radar icon so that it
    would take me to the location, it will just show me the center of that sector which is a star. In this server the planets in that sector was
    all mine. But I also noticed that Im having the same issues in another server. But the sector is owned by someone else.

What I'm thinking is that the units stuck in that list are the units I used to make orbital platforms. I counted ALL my objects individually just
    now and that seems to make sense. However the it still shows xx Cruisers in the ship list. Made me think idle ships was lost, but I think it
    is just confused with units transfered to orbital defense.

I'll recount my objects in the other server to confirm this.

On Lamashtu I've discovered peoples Orbital Energy Beam Arrays hovering without any planets in my sector.

More scary is that it's near my home world.

I'm also having the issue with certain ships showing up on screen or in my ship fleet menu but I'm unable to select them.

These glitches happen to me all the time. I sent Tsagoth a message about it (and other things) a few days ago, but I see what I'm calling graphical glitches appear frequently in various forms.

Sometimes my ship list will "double-list" ships, meaning when I go to the location of some ships, there is nothing there, but I am confident another entry in my ship list corresponds to the same ship that is listed for the empty location. In other words, a single ship may appear twice (separately) in my ship list for two different locations, but when I zoom to the locations only one of them actually has the ship in it. If I give that ship a mission (transit, harvest, etc.), BOTH entries disappear from the ship list. I have not checked in the AI Ships list to see if it then is double listing there. That would be way too tedious to check. Note that sometimes the "phantom" location is in some far away galaxy I have never sent more than probes into. Thus, the second "phantom" location is likely semi-random or due to some error in the code changing a number for the location.

I also have ships appearing visually on my galaxy screen (the first zoom in from the universe screen), but they aren't really there when I zoom into the system/sector screen. Usually they are in some far off galaxy and I know that I don't have any ships there, so it's obviously an error. I have seen the floating orbitals, which I think is similar to, but not exactly the same as, this type of error.

Thirdly, I have noticed that when you select a sector, but do not zoom into it, it will list the ships, planets, and orbitals that are there, but frequently displays numbers that are outdated (sometimes way outdated). For example, I may have had a fleet of 100 ships stationed at a planet of mine. Then I move those ships somewhere else, but the galaxy map still shows 100 ships in that sector and when I zoom in, there are not any ships actually there. Sometimes this occurs even when no ships were ever there! I'm sure my opponents did not have 25 orbitals in a certain sector of planets that I control, but it shows 25 orbitals in the list for that sector anyway. No idea why.

As to your specific issue, Enforcer, I believe all of your actual ships are acounted for, but you are just experiencing these types of graphical erros. I.e. if you were to count every ship running around, it would add up to whatever is showing in your fleet screen (such as "Objects built 299 of 310" or whatever you happen to have). I may be wrong, but I do not believe I have lost any actual ships to these errors and I don't think it is counting ships that don't actually exist towards my cap either. Please note that shipyards "count" toward your objects build list, but don't actually affect the cap. For example, if you have 10 ships yards you can have an object count that is 10 more than your cap (such as "Objects built 320 of 310").

I suspect much of this might explain what you are seeing. Hope it helps.

Also, I'm still curious which homeworld you took
    Last edited by Jean Arnaud; 07-19-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Yeah your pretty much spot on Jean. I did a recount again and it is all accounted for.The "ghost listing" confused the shit out of me lol.
    Ill post some screenies of some graphics glitches I've been getting.

And I honestly don't remember who they were lol. I know Imperial Federation was my first, the other Imperial was my most recent victim
    since he was next to me and doesnt seem to be playing. And a bunch of inactives I think. Still trying to find Zooka's Homeworld lol.
    He took all my Outpost during the past week I decided not to log in. But I easily took them back in 24 hours lol. That guy is a pain in the
    ass constantly trying to take my outpost lol. But he is probably the only thing keeping this game interesting for me atm.

P.S You've set me on War mode again Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforc3r View Post
    the other Imperial was my most recent victim since he was next to me and doesnt seem to be playing. And a bunch of inactives I think.
    Yeah, as I note below regarding the war status bug, I think you took a few of my planets by mistake which were near Imeprial Aegis. They used to belong to PeteEvil, but I liberated them and brought them proper civilization. I had thought Pete was the one sending single battleships to retake these outposts, but now I think it was you looking for more of Aegis' planets. No worries on my end. I'd be happy to tell you which ones I control, or you can probe them after peace is restored (see below).

Still trying to find Zooka's Homeworld lol.
    He took all my Outpost during the past week I decided not to log in. But I easily took them back in 24 hours lol. That guy is a pain in the
    ass constantly trying to take my outpost lol. But he is probably the only thing keeping this game interesting for me atm.
    I am all for us looking into Zooka a little more closely (with the business end of battleships for example). He has had us set to war from the get go and I have never been able to explore his territory. I have an idea of where his planets are due to the probes I've had die, however. I'm sure he has also taken outposts from Chickenhawk and others. I am hoping that I can probe him using cloaking when available, but I'm not reallysure how that works yet. I'll let you know if I find anything out about his homeworld, other planet locations, etc.

P.S You've set me on War mode again Jean.
    No, I think you had/have me set to war. I set you to peace several weeks ago after the last time it bugged, but I noticed some probes dying in your area in the last week+. I check my status with everyone often because of this dumb bug. I checked just now and you are still set to peace on my end. I only have Zooka intentionally set to war.

This is another bug that needs addressing, where randomly I am set to war with people or they are set to war with me. It creates confusion and is also annoying having ships die by accident or take over outposts by accident. I included it in my message to Tsagoth earlier this week.