Thread: Community size

Community size

This is first week I started playing. Is it common for a server to only have ~30 people? Have any large scale recruitment efforts been made? This seems like it has promise to be a badass strategy game with a larger community.

I know there were roadblocks for me was when I tried to sign up.

First it wouldn't advance the screen when I selected register, just kept waiting. Then, after I made character names they didn't show up on the list until I restarted the app. I ended up making 4 char names trying to get it to work. Lastly, when I tried adding a subscription to an account, it stayed as expired. I had to buy a second month to get it to work.
    I'm an outlier because I saw a review for this game months and months ago and have been psyched waiting for it, but this would probably instantly frighten away a random person.

The devs are busy working on a huge patch at the moment I believe. Send Tsagoth a PM and let him know about
    your registration issues. He will get back to you about it pretty quickly. Make sure you include the itunes receipt
    to make things go faster for you.

In regards with the state of the game at the moment, just use this time to play around and experiment with stuff.
    I believe big changes are going to come with the next big patch so gameplay strategy will be completely different.
    Just be patient, just because they arn't active on the forums doesn't mean they arnt reading about our complaints
    or opinions. But yeah it would probably put off most people, but then again this type of game isn't for most people anyway.

I believe the first game after 1.08 is released will have a sizable population, though in the hundreds not thousands. There are a number of people interested in this game, but that are waiting for some of the changes discussed here in the forums. I am enjoying a game right now that had 50 people register, though the active population in that game is less than that. It took me a few weeks to fully get the hang of everything and I still learn new things periodically that I didn't realize I could do (such as using harvesters as a fleet).

Also, if you didn't realize this right away, probes can travel in a straight line (including diagonally) and they explore all of the sectors in that straight line. Many people go crazy the first day they play (i.e. me) sending probes to explore individual sectors one at a time until they notice this.

I think the game I'm in has ~20 active players. This game seems like it would be fucking sweet with some actual competition. We need some kind of huge recruiting operation. I wish I knew how I could help.

I agree about the recruiting operation, but should hold it off until after a decent patch hits. Otherwise there will just be more bad reviews and it will
    make it harder for us to bring people in.

Once they release the big game changing update and we play test it some. That way we can make sure there are no additional game breaking bugs, then we can start talking up the game on our prefered social media sites.