Final score: Player Darthcheney had 1094861 points
    Final score: Player BookerTP had 151740 points
    Final score: Player Neomusket had 120009 points
    Final score: Player Apatia had 28009 points
    Final score: Player IronBear had 95040 points
    Final score: Player Dartanar had 327009 points
    Final score: Player Syzygy had 9 points

Thanks for that but I thought
    Breender had more and he actually has a higher score ?
    I like the idea of winning but only if it was fair

Score has no direct relationship to the victory conditions in the current game. Score looks to me to be most closely tied to how many planets a player controls, and thus it is likely Breender went on a colonization and/or conquering spree, but did not then strive for one of the victory conditions. On a related note, Raven proved a researcher could win playing just a few times a day at 10 minutes a pop (roughly three 10-minute logins per day). This would likely result in a relatively low score, but filfilling the victory conditions.

That said, I realize I am not addressing your other point that he might have "had more", which I assume he mean more blackholes created. I'm sure that information would show up in the server code though.

Score is made up of many things. How many sectors you explored, colonies built, ships built, ships killed, planets you own and their Terraform level, how many skills and at what rank etc. None of which really directly relates to the specific win conditions.

My only question is, as I see so many Researcher wins, do you find that people actively try to hunt down your solar taps once you begins to collapse stars? Or was it mostly just a race for you, and you didn't really have to interact with anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeith27 View Post
    My only question is, as I see so many Researcher wins, do you find that people actively try to hunt down your solar taps once you begins to collapse stars? Or was it mostly just a race for you, and you didn't really have to interact with anyone?
    I won on Belitlli as a researcher and it is a combination of both.

For one, you have to beat any other researchers to the punch. Then you have to weigh stealth versus capping as fast as possible and that largely depends on the available resources. I had enough resources to build many many more SCTs than I needed to win, so I just went for capping all of my colony systems as fast as possible once I got going. The benefit of this is that doing them all at once shortens the window for other players to take notice and to attack. Further, if I lost even 20 of them, I could easily build more (to a point) and then defend them in smaller batches at a time. The downside, is that I couldn't really protect the SCTs and they were easily killed if someone took notice. Though later on I was able to protect them better with 50 battleship fleets, if necessary, at first I had too many SCTs running to cover them all. However, if stealth is even more of a concern, you could send the ships to obscure solar systems that are unlikely to be examined.

That said, at some point the traders will notice what you are doing if the server has enough active players. This is what happened to me with one player who had many trade routes to my colonies. Though we had a trade/peace agreement with 24 hours notice before declaring war, he immediatley took out some of the taps (rightly so). Unfortunately for him, 23 of them had already run for 24 hours before he attacked and so I won. I think if I hadn't been capping the colonies where the resources were held, where all of his trade routes visited, and where the ships had been built, he may not have noticed even that quickly.

Now Belitlli only had half a dozen competing players by this time, but I could imagine it being much tougher on a larger server. The other active players were not watching me closely enough and my immediate neighbors had all been taken out through military action, so they were no longer a threat.

My server was basically dead once I had started tapping
    The only other active tapper I knew about was Breender and as far as that went we both got pipped at the post by a glitch that stopped us tapping.
    After that I just went ballistic stealing home worlds. When the server ended i had 11 taps and 13 home worlds
    But the server was so inactive (58 players listed) that the only resistance I saw was what was at the HomeWorld I was blasting, I think even Breender stopped after he realized the tapping was bugged and he couldn't reach the win condition for researcher.