Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on client?

Update on client?

I'm a huge supporter of this game and series, but come on, we need to know something about the next client. How far out are you from release? Please, otherwise I think you're going to lose your core players.

I'm wondering if they are waiting for all servers to die out before releasing a new client. Wish there was more information on this

Agreed.

I'm still playing on Irkalla as a trader, I just knocked out the last active player.

Now I'm going to try and win with the Trader win condition. Going to skill up Money Laundering and other warp speeds and see if I can win before server ends.

Every now and then I discover large bugs/exploits and report them… there's a little fun in that… but otherwise the game is getting dull.

I haven't played in forever, can't wait for some news! I get a little sadder every day when I check the forums...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLion View Post
    ... I'm still playing on Irkalla as a trader, I just knocked out the last active player. ... Now I'm going to try and win with the Trader win condition.
    I don't know, that struck me as kind of funny - being able to win by trading with yourself, since there are no more active players, lol. Is that technically still considered as 'trading' at that point? hehe

Yeah, I haven't checked the forums (or logged in to the actual game) for what seems to be quite a while now, but still no word about, or actual client version 1.0.8? Doesn't sound promising...

There's a lot of change coming in the future, I bet they're just super tied up in that. It is sad, however, that they don't have a PR person to keep an eye on the forums during busy times. With this game being kind of an unknown to most people, and most of those people who do know of the game not knowing what's going on, a creeping feeling of 'dead in the water' hangs in these forums.

It's not that they need a PR person, but they do need a community manager. Someone who can be the go between them and the community. This way they can keep on track and worry about the things they need to, and still be involved without feeling like they're neglecting the community… and the community will still feel like there's life behind the scenes.

The community manager can also help escalate issues that are deemed significant so that during busy times the devs don't have to deal with trivial issues…

This is all just a suggestion regarding organizational processes and how to better streamline workflow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I don't know, that struck me as kind of funny - being able to win by trading with yourself, since there are no more active players, lol. Is that technically still considered as 'trading' at that point? hehe

Well I can't trade with myself… my plan was to basically take everyones home worlds and colonies so that no one can build anything anymore. Thus no worry about fleets and attacks… By this time I suspect I'll be at war with everyone… so there's this skill that I noticed that lets you trade with enemies. I'll simply skill it up and start trade routes with every outpost/planet owned by anyone who has me as an enemy/embargo'd.

Yeah, I really wish they would have someone online to just say "hey, we're still alive and kicking... Don't worry, your year subscription will not go to waste." However, all we get instead is the silent treatment :-(

Not a great way to treat the core (oh, I mean, only players) they have.

At least we can now enter the centre of the universe… there's no artifacts though… I checked every sector in a particularly small server (Irkalla)… and NPC's are non-attackable.