Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on client?

I don't get that because I can see the artifacts being placed during the universe spawn and Raven has sent us many screenshots showing them. The graphic is larger than most of the damn planets too.

Anyway, as far as the client goes I don't know what Z is doing with it. I've been limiting the game launches since combat is so problematic and I'm going to be starting testing on the new system tonight. It's taking a lot longer now because we aren't pulling 100+ hour weeks any more, that's over. I spent yesterday baling small square bales of hay and by the time I was done at 7pm I wasn't too interested in debugging, lol.

I'm not sure I feel any more reassured now that we have a response. It feels as though you guys are following the same development process as Minecraft, allowing players to pay early for access to the game. Of course, the only difference is Notch had a lot better interactions with his player base. I bet even a weekly update on the front page would go a long way, as I'm sure you'd like to hang in to what few fans you have.

Ok I'll conduct a center sector by sector search for the 3 artifacts on irkalla, but I am pretty sure there's a problem... unless there's more to artifacts then just uncovering territory and searching from the map view... It's becoming a tedious process trying to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLion View Post
    Ok I'll conduct a center sector by sector search for the 3 artifacts on irkalla, but I am pretty sure there's a problem... unless there's more to artifacts then just uncovering territory and searching from the map view... It's becoming a tedious process trying to figure it out.
    Since I can just look in the db to find them, I flew to the first artifact. Planet_196 on Irkalla and I can see it fine. It's at G 1,0 S 3,23 the yellow sun with one planet in the very bottom left of the map. If you don't see it, then I'll have to do some digging.

Edit: According to the db, Irkalla has 11 artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Doogie View Post
    I'm not sure I feel any more reassured now that we have a response. It feels as though you guys are following the same development process as Minecraft, allowing players to pay early for access to the game. Of course, the only difference is Notch had a lot better interactions with his player base. I bet even a weekly update on the front page would go a long way, as I'm sure you'd like to hang in to what few fans you have.
    Well for me, I don't post if I don't have anything to say. I could post and say "Today I drove for six hours and installed MS SQL Server on the database server.". Would that help ? I just happen to believe nobody cares about boring stuff like that, but if people want to hear about all the bullshit that goes on in the background, I'll post it.

It may or may not be boring, but having your presence known on the site would be the main idea. Knowing you're still around goes a long way and it may even be fun for you, you never know!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Since I can just look in the db to find them, I flew to the first artifact. Planet_196 on Irkalla and I can see it fine. It's at G 1,0 S 3,23 the yellow sun with one planet in the very bottom left of the map. If you don't see it, then I'll have to do some digging.

Edit: According to the db, Irkalla has 11 artifacts.
    Interesting... For me it's G1,0 S4,23 and I only see one planet to the left of the Sun.

At this planet there's a bunch of NPC's and I can see your planet killer there as well. I notice for you it says Tech10 while the NPC's and myself say tech0. Furthermore I have not been able to interact with these NPC's. In the past I've been able to colonize and outpost these planets but it had no effect on the NPC's. I tried to attack as well to no effect.

If the NPC's are the 'artifact' then I can see them but not interact with them. if there is supposed to be a different visual or graphic or something in this system then I certainly do not see it or I am missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLion View Post
    Interesting... For me it's G1,0 S4,23 and I only see one planet to the left of the Sun.

At this planet there's a bunch of NPC's and I can see your planet killer there as well. I notice for you it says Tech10 while the NPC's and myself say tech0. Furthermore I have not been able to interact with these NPC's. In the past I've been able to colonize and outpost these planets but it had no effect on the NPC's. I tried to attack as well to no effect.

If the NPC's are the 'artifact' then I can see them but not interact with them. if there is supposed to be a different visual or graphic or something in this system then I certainly do not see it or I am missing something.
    Hmm, that's interesting. When I flew there I didn't see anybody there, just the artifact. There's no reason that the npc's should be invis to me. I don't understand the different grid reference either, that is very strange. That sounds like the right system, there is just the one planet on the lower left of the sector.

Edit: Ok, I was just being dumb, it is in fact 4,23 for me as well. I also see your probe but not my PK. So there is something whack here.

If you see the NPC's then just scroll down. Your PK is under the 2 NPC' PK's.

Also note my probe is a fleet of 1 ship around the sun. This isn't really relevant but I though I should mention it because I found ship positions to differ depending on fleet vs regular and a difference depending on ally vs foe.

Take your PK and turn it into a fleet and it would show up next to the NPC's I think.

Edit: P.S. On the issue of community management… I could possibly help with that. I have some experience with Customer Service and PR. I could provide my Linkedin profile if this was something of interest.
    Last edited by WhiteLion; 08-26-2012 at 03:23 AM.

hi

I don't get this game