Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empire of the Eclipse Wiki (please contribute)

Empire of the Eclipse Wiki (please contribute)

Hi everyone,

I have started an Empire of the Eclipse Wiki on Wikia, and I am hoping people will contribute.

http://eote.wikia.com

If you've never contributed to a wiki, and specifically to a Wikia wiki, I encourage you to read the help first as a bad wiki edit can be damaging.

The content is very thin right now, but I am hoping once the beta starts that you'll all jump in, and contribute either as a topic author or an editor.

My goal would be to have some excellent content available to new players once the game is public.

I look forward to your participation!

Hi,
    Did you get permission from the developers?
    -Slim (or Slimothy)
    iTouchAppReviewers Manager/Owner
    I write for Crazymikesapps
    Was an MMO Game Administrator for different iPhone game. I have also been making my own apps.
    Currently using iPod touch 4G

Yep, Raven very politely contacted us before making any public posts about starting a wiki and we're glad that it's there.

I haven't had the chance to update the wiki with info learned in the beta (and new posts here), but am hoping to this upcoming week. If anyone wants to join in and help, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzachary View Post
    I haven't had the chance to update the wiki with info learned in the beta (and new posts here), but am hoping to this upcoming week. If anyone wants to join in and help, that would be great.
    I should be able to help out I'm just waiting on the next build

Yeah I will start working on it as well. We should use this thread to discuss idea we aren't sure of.
    --- *Member of the SCAT alliance* ---
    My device: iPod Touch 4G

If you guys post questions here I am sure we can help out with answers.

Wow. I thought I remembered posting on this topic a few days, offering to help. haha, well, I AM willing to help!

Now quick question. Raven: What did you pick this wiki site for? just curious. And second, would Zarksoft: eventually want to host their own?
    Last edited by ksib; 04-14-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksib View Post
    Wow. I thought I remembered posting on this topic a few days, offering to help. haha, well, I AM willing to help!

Now quick question. Raven: What did you pick this wiki site for? just curious. And second, would Zarksoft: eventually want to host their own?
    I tried about four or five wiki services, and found Wikia to provide the best free offering. There are better wikis out there, but they are up to $49/month. Also, Wikia has a ton of game wikis, including WoWWiki for World of Warcraft.

I have no preference. I started one because one needed to exist. If someone else wants to drive, or move it, or whatever, that's fine. It's working fairly well where it is, though. I think the only compelling reason to move it would be if ZarkSoft was going to host one.

Haha yeah I agree, that's why I had asked! But yeah, I am def interested in helping!