Thread: New build issues

New build issues

The new build has some issues:
    Still crashing
    I now get a black line going vertical along the left side of the screen. Goes away after I log out or it crashes
    I'm getting an error when I click on an open factory, it says you have null being built, do you want to cancel.
    Any time a phone alert comes up, it kicks me off the server.
    Last edited by 2pourdrummer; 06-06-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Interesting, I'm seeing none of those issues. Though with a lot of switching between servers the app has crashed twice on me. But it is few and far between.

It's not as bad but still happening, seems more stable now. Getting better for sure. The black line was weird, hasn't come back since but it kinda of looked like a background image bleeding over.

I love it so far.
    The only time game lost connection is when I joined new game. Something about generating new planet I guess.
    One other thing I'm having difficulty is canceling ships out of AI flight, it happens now and then but I think it's a known issue.

Otherwise in really impressed. When I launched the new client and started playing, I felt like I'm holding iPhone 12 lol

If a ship is just flying from A to B and it's not harvesting or trading, it cannot be stopped. Only ships that are harvesting or trading can have their AI cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by 2pourdrummer View Post
    The new build has some issues:
    Still crashing
    I now get a black line going vertical along the left side of the screen. Goes away after I log out or it crashes
    I'm getting an error when I click on an open factory, it says you have null being built, do you want to cancel.
    Any time a phone alert comes up, it kicks me off the server.
    What device are you using, and what OS are you running? I'd like to make sure I can replicate the issues. I am aware of a factory having nothing in it being a bug.

On a side note to build something you click on the build icon either on the planet when looking at the system view, or the build icon on the Planet Detail screen. Looks kind of like a little factory. You don't have to click on the factories. When you build something an open factory will be selected.

so far just a few crashes....overall MUCH MUCH better!! were push notifications supposed to be fixed or is that a later build?

Quote Originally Posted by BooDro82 View Post
    so far just a few crashes....overall MUCH MUCH better!! were push notifications supposed to be fixed or is that a later build?
    Where are you encountering crashes? What device are you using? If you have any examples of what crashed and if it's something you could replicate I would love to know so I could track the issue down. Push is fixed in the device, and we just have to make some changes to the push server code base to support them. It will come in a server patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    If a ship is just flying from A to B and it's not harvesting or trading, it cannot be stopped. Only ships that are harvesting or trading can have their AI cancelled.
    Is there a chance for future improvement to stop any ship?
    I watched in pain my colony ship approaching black hole sector and could not stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by SG7 View Post
    Is there a chance for future improvement to stop any ship?
    I watched in pain my colony ship approaching black hole sector and could not stop it.
    Yes, it's going to get fixed.