Published on 10-17-2012 04:08 PM
In order to fully test the new combat mechanic I'm putting up a new server for everyone to play on for a while. Once I'm sure that everything is working right, the new code will be rolled out to the other servers.
To make things easier, a number of game mechanics are changed.
- You get all skills when you log in
- All players are Warlords
- Anything builds in five seconds
- All ships have a five second travel time between sectors
- All homeworlds start with a modest stockpile of minerals
- Time between combat rounds is five seconds, not 30 minutes
As a test server, Zabada may come and go. I will be monitoring the logs during daylight hours and if I see problems, then I'll take the server down to diagnose and fix it. If necessary I may also coldstart the server if something happens that corrupts the database.
A new client is not being released just yet, as we are still working on the subscription issues. This means that the local database information for the ships is incorrect. I have posted the new construction values and attack/defense numbers for the various ships below.