Planet Date 05302012: The first outposts and short range harvesters are ready to go. There are five other planets in our system. We have two mining outposts to start with. Hopefully everything goes off without a hitch as our resources we brought with us are running low. If I have to tear this planet up for more resources I will. Would rather do it somewhere else and not destroy this planet like my predecessors did the last one.

"How we looking Johnson?"

"Good Sir. We are two hours till launch of the outposts. I am holding off the harvesters till we have confirmation the outposts are mining."

"Sounds good. How we looking for building some defenses?"

"As you know commander we are low on resources. Providing nothing goes wrong with the mining outposts , and the first shipments meet with no problems, I can have you some basic defenses or more outposts in a couple weeks. Either way we will be breaking even on resources until we get the other outposts up."

"I hate being low on resources with no reserves. Let's go with the outposts. We haven't received any scans from the probes to worry me yet. Once those outposts are up and were in the black on resources we can have better defenses than we could build now. Would that be a correct assessment Captain."

"Yes sir. That's pretty much it in a nutshell."

"Of course it is. You know Johnson this isn't my first rodeo. Back when I first entered the command I ....."

It's just a twinkling at first. Johnson looks to see what has captured the commanders attention. It's now a bright star in the middle of the day.

"Sir?"

"Like I said. It's not my first rodeo Captain."

"Defenses?"

"Defenses. Build me a new probe too. I'd like a scan of their equipment if we can.

"Right away sir. Should I cancel the launch of the outposts?"

"No. We need the resources and if they shoot them down we will know there intentions. However send both outposts to the same planet. Have one protect the other until it is up and running and then that outpost can continue on. Brief me when the outposts leave orbit."

"Yes sir."

"YOU THERE, SOLDIER!"

"What can I do for you sir?"

"Radio perimeter command tell them no more exploring outside the area. In fact tell them that I want a detail watching Dr. Sassern twenty-four seven and that she is not to be going on any more of her field trips. She can talk to me when she finds out."

"Yes Sir."

"Guess it's time to meet the neighbors."

"Sir?"

"Nothing. GET ON THOSE ORDERS!"

"YES SIR!"