Thread: General Strategies

Hybrid View

Day 1
    * Research Remote Harvesting followed by Advanced Shipyard
    * Build a Shipyard, Outpost Ship, 1 - 4 Small Harvesters depending on how much micro managing you want to do then use the remaining object slots for Probes.
    * Use the probes to explore the area close to your Homeworld. What your scouting for is the closest set of planets to your HW Sector that gives out alot of CO P/O. So that means Big Rock/Lava/Desert planets are your ideal choice. I prefer to not take Ice planets till much later in the game once income is steady. Hopefully you find a place no more than 2 - 4 sectors away. Since thats the ideal distance for Small Harvesters. And Remote Harvesters should only go up to 6. But you won't be getting any of those for 12 hours.

Once you find a spot for your new Outpost send asll your small harvesters to gather there. Leave one in your sector to collect from the outpost there. But you might be unlucky and get crappy starter planets aka 4 Ice Planets lol. Once you have enough for another OutPost ship buy it straight away and find another good planet for it and repeat.

Make sure you keep planets pretty connected so that your remote harvesters stay in range of the ideal distance. I personally prefer to keep a chain of remote harvesters going from planet to planet. Making sure that Ore is brought it from another planet at the same time that It moves the current Ore to the previous outpost. Some people like to use small harvesters per sector and then use the remote harvester for the sector travels, but I don't
    like that method. This one seems to work good for me.

I use this startup moves every server and It semes to do me ok.

Day 2
    * You should have your sector fully mapped out by now, and most of your neighbour sectors too.
    * I usually have around 30 objects by now, most consist of remote harvesters and about 4 - 5 drones.
    * Might be a good idea to mail your neighbours and work out a trade agreemeant because warring too early will just hold you back,

By the end of day 2 on Ninhursag, I was on 200K Points atleast. And I started 24 hours late. From here its pretty
    much depending on the sitation. But exploring with your probes early is very important IMO. Having info on where a person's homeworld is pretty handy. Not to mention being able to spot out undefended early colony settlements.
    I usually write down notes on where people are lol.

One last trick I can tell you is this. Since notifications are currently not functioning, what I do is write down how many
    planets in the sectors are taken etc. If the number of enemy planets go up, go and see if it was a water or terran colony that was taken. Chances are its going to be a colony. I stole atleast 10 colony's in Belitlli this way using 10 cruisers or less.

Most important thing to remember is...

TO HAVE FUN!

Oh and all this will most likely be useless once they patch it.
    Last edited by Enforc3r; 07-20-2012 at 01:42 PM.