Thread: Trade routes

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    On a side note. You need to be in orbit of the other persons planet that you are trading with. When your harvester is in orbit you will see a trade icon. You will then set what world of yours you want to trade with. You can only have a 1:1 with any specific planet. So if you are trading from your homeworld to someone elses home world that connection can only exist once.
    This is obviously a key piece of information that is not at all clear from the tutorial ("It's just like harvesting except on a player's planet!"). I must have tried setting up a trade route like I would a harvesting route 10 times today, baffled as to why it was failing. This would explain it.

So you can't start a trade route from your homeworld directly? You need to fly it to the destination first?

^ That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post
    This is obviously a key piece of information that is not at all clear from the tutorial ("It's just like harvesting except on a player's planet!").
    Actually, I've found that if I set up my first route to a planet with the Trade icon, the other trade ships will not open a trade tab while in orbit. What I've done ,after the first route, is set all new routes as I would a harvesting route. I have yet to see any of those ships stop, though I haven't tried to keep an eye on how much each ship is trading(if any). I have noticed that my resources are stacking up a lot faster now!