Thread: some combat questions:

Hybrid View

Leedot, there is something entirely unclear about combat based on the tutorial video: does combat explicitly involve per round target selection as implied by the diagrams in the tutorial video, or is combat completely automated?

I have been expecting to see a "combat screen" where I select targets for all my ships, but in the only instance where combat was successfully initiated, all I saw was a battle animation around a planet, and an outcome with no description of what happened in the battle "rounds." I am now starting to think it is entirely automated, and the specifics of the battle are not shown to the user. Can you clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post
    Leedot, there is something entirely unclear about combat based on the tutorial video: does combat explicitly involve per round target selection as implied by the diagrams in the tutorial video, or is combat completely automated?

I have been expecting to see a "combat screen" where I select targets for all my ships, but in the only instance where combat was successfully initiated, all I saw was a battle animation around a planet, and an outcome with no description of what happened in the battle "rounds." I am now starting to think it is entirely automated, and the specifics of the battle are not shown to the user. Can you clarify?
    First off yes, the combat is entirely automated. It's also not strictly a per round fight. Ships are assigned their own targets and they fire independently from all the other attackers/defenders. We had a plan to show the battle itself but it was very complex to implement and we don't have all the artwork. It's certainly one of the things we want to bring out in a future update.