Thread: Combat System

Hybrid View

^ Agreed. But I do see the point Jet is trying to make. If his math is correct, and I'm pretty sure it is, 470 destroyers to take a planet sounds crazy. And 125 Dreads is ALOT just to one shot a colony. If you think about it in real world terms (not that we have dreadnoughts in Space capable of doing planetary bombardments). It would probably only take 50 or so to completely obliterate the civilian population of an entire planet in a relatively short amount of time. Think of Halo and the Covenant "Glassing" whole planets in less than a day.

What makes these planets so special that they can take such a beating? I don't want people taking out colonies with a small band of Dreads, but if someone put their mind to it and really wanted to put together a planet killing force, I think it should be easier than 150 Dreads. You would need 900,000 units of RO to make 150 Dreads. Even with trading, that sounds like a lot.
    Last edited by ChickenHawk07; 05-30-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
    You would need 900,000 units of RO to make 150 Dreads. Even with trading, that sounds like a lot.
    It's not a lot. Trust me