Thread: Raven's Guide to Winning Empire of the Eclipse

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by catswift View Post
    @raven What is the current maximum number of objects an empire can achieve? The devs mentioned fleets of 800 cruisers in beta, but from your description a max a 10 shipyards and max'd tech wouldn't allow for 800 objects.
    Maxed out advanced shipyards would give you +90 objects per starbase, plus the base 10 from the starbase is 100 objects x 10 starbases would be 1000 objects (which is what I recall the devs saying the max was). Not sure how raven got to 1026 on Nergal, but sounds about right.

Possibly happened before the hotfix that patched up letting you go into the negatives for objects built.

About your harvestor strategy, doesn't each upgrade of harvester allow it to carry more resources? If so, would it be better to use harvestors that can carry more on planets with large output?

Quote Originally Posted by VanderLegion View Post
    Maxed out advanced shipyards would give you +90 objects per starbase, plus the base 10 from the starbase is 100 objects x 10 starbases would be 1000 objects (which is what I recall the devs saying the max was). Not sure how raven got to 1026 on Nergal, but sounds about right.
    Ah! I misunderstood how the tech worked. I was under the impression each level was essentially another +10, not +10 per shipyard.

I can definitely verify that its 10 per shipyard. I have 5 shipyards on Irkalla with 1 tier of advanced shipyards and 115 max objects. Not sure where the extra 5 come from (100 from shipyards, 10 from starting count, 5 from other colonies besides homeworld?). If you get +1 object per colony (just going with that idea since that could explain my 115), that could also explain how he got up to 1026 objects, if he has 1000 from shipyards, 10 from starting, and 16 colonies?

Quote Originally Posted by VanderLegion View Post
    I had admin powers on Nergal before the game launched for testing, so I was able to get to max everything very quickly. I had them remove my admin powers once the game launched.

I meant more I wasn't sure how you got over 1k since I thought I remembered hearing that was the absolute max