Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ok, this is embarrassing but....

Hybrid View

so i send probes to those empty sectors?

The other planets in your solar system are already outposts. The next steps for you would be to send out probes to start exploring galaxy. Once your probes find some new planets in nearby star systems you'll want to start creating new outposts (or colonies) so you can start building up the amount of CO / RO you're collecting.

In case you haven't see this thread Raven gives a pretty good overview of how to approach the game. (people's play styles may vary but it's a good starting point over all.)

http://www.zarksoft.com/cms/showthre...of-the-Eclipse

thanks for all of your help guys. sorry for all the dumb questions.
    so i just send probes out to sectors around me? some may have planets and some may be empty?

oh ok.... so as the probe passes up those unexplored sectors it will uncover whats in them even though its not the dest?

ok awesome...i am def starting to get into this with explanation. one last major question...i started an outpost on another sector...how do i start to build its pop? or can i just have harvesters deliver resources to it?

Quote Originally Posted by BooDro82 View Post
    ok awesome...i am def starting to get into this with explanation. one last major question...i started an outpost on another sector...how do i start to build its pop? or can i just have harvesters deliver resources to it?
    Outposts don't have populations, only colonies do.

alright...so should i have harvesters deliver resources to the outposts?

Quote Originally Posted by BooDro82 View Post
    alright...so should i have harvesters deliver resources to the outposts?
    Negative. Think of outposts as Planetary Mines. All they do is produce Ore (rare or ordinary). Deliver all your ore to your Homeworld for now, it's where the Factories are located.

ooooh...ok so all of these "mines" produce ore and it increases my "total ore"?