Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ok, this is embarrassing but....

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by BooDro82 View Post
    ok awesome...i am def starting to get into this with explanation. one last major question...i started an outpost on another sector...how do i start to build its pop? or can i just have harvesters deliver resources to it?
    You'll need to build an Orbital Shipyard before you can build a Colony Ship. The Shipyard takes 24 hours to build, so start building it at your Homeworld as soon as you can. Again, Colonies have Population, and for every 100Mu Pop, you get a Factory. All your building of
    Ships, Shipyards, Orbital Defenses are all built in factories. Stuff you can't build yet is orange and if you scroll down it will tell you what you are required to have to build it, be it Tech or Shipyard

ok, i started building a shipyard yesterday am i getting the basics down?

ok, i started building a shipyard yesterday am i getting the basics down?
    Sounds like it. Just remember, Outposts support
    The colony worlds, (the production facilities), not the other way around.

And when you do make your first
    Colony Ship, make sure you send it to a world which is at least 60-80% Terraformed. You'll see that in the planet's stats. And it takes like 6 hours till your colony world traces 100Mu population, so don't set up your first new cony near Someone you know to be hostile. A new Colony has 120k Common Ore on it, so its ripe
    For the picking.

The video tutorials are an extremely basic guide to helping you begin your game, and in no way cover all the beginning basics. When it comes to trading, start reading some of the threads that are
    Titled "Trade" and such. It's a lot of information, do the more you read and te more
    Questions you answer, either by reading or asking, the better prepared you'll be. Only a small handful of
    People here know what to expect in the weeks and months ahead into a game.

thanks for all of the help guys...im really starting to understand.
    my probe came across a sector with a red glowing light and planets it says 0/0/2...?

thanks for all of the help guys...im really starting to understand.
    my probe came across a sector with a red glowing light and planets it says 0/0/2...?
    The lights don't matter, that's just the color of the Sun, which as far as I know has no significant meaning. The 0/0/2 goes like this: Forat Number is how many planets you have in that sector second is how many other players have in the sector and the Last is how many total planets
    Are on the sector.

Starting out you want harvesters to take resources from your outposts and bring them back to your homeworld since that's the only place you have factories that can build more ships. The economies are localized so you need resources at the location that you want to build things.

alright. another question...so if a sector says 1/0/5 it means i control one of the 5 planets..and if i build a colony on one of those then i will own them all...but if i just put an outpost then i only control that one?

No, a colony only gives you control of the planet you put the colony on. The difference between a colony and an outpost is that an outpost only generates resources but can't do anything with them, while the colony will generate resources, but also gets population and once the pop is high enough, gets factories to build stuff with said resources. It's only in your starting system that you get control of every planet automatically, after that you can build a colony in another system but will still need to create outposts on all the other planets if you want them as well.