Thread: Two ideas for the Devs

Hybrid View

A simple free trial server would be a good idea I think, but why not just allow a free trial period with download of the app?

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    A simple free trial server would be a good idea I think, but why not just allow a free trial period with download of the app?
    People who play for free have no reason to behave and as we all know there are plenty of people who like to play the asshat in games. I won't permit an option that allows people to make paying player's lives miserable. That means whatever we decided to permit, they will be gagged, no question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    People who play for free have no reason to behave and as we all know there are plenty of people who like to play the asshat in games. I won't permit an option that allows people to make paying player's lives miserable. That means whatever we decided to permit, they will be gagged, no question about it.
    This is exactly the number one reason to keep the game premium. I can't speak to the economics of it from the perspective of the devs, but requiring payment goes a long way to weeding out the clowns who want to be annoying and not take the game seriously.

Also, I find it bizarre that anybody has an issue with paying 2 bucks to try a game for a month. It's 2 dollars. I don't know about anyone else, but I have spent more than that on games that I've played for 2 hours and never opened again, and I'm pretty stingy about what I buy on the app store. Even if I choose not to continue my subscription beyond the first month, I've already gotten more than 2 bucks worth of amusement out of this game, which is more than I can say for a lot of garbage you can spend 2 bucks on (such as this revolting McDonald's milkshake I just bought on a whim).
    Last edited by JetJaguar2000; 05-31-2012 at 07:01 PM.