Thread: Unable to see or interact with a Probe

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    This happened to me constantly on Nergal. I reported it from in game, case 602. The problem seems to be that probes don't always properly explore every sector they pass through, and if your probe happens to stop in a sector that is still considered unexplored, you cannot access it. The only solution I found was to send another probe to uncover the sector, after which both can be moved.
    That would be a different bug, probably client side. In this case, he is seeing the ghost of where the ship was and the ghost is not commandable.

This used to happen to me a lot on Nergal (I had 3 or 4 invisible probes at one point) but the invisible harvesters patch brought my probes back under control. It still seems to happen sometimes but the probes quickly come back under control so I think it's actually a separate bug I've seen...

Ships can appear twice (or more?) in the idle ships menu but only one of them will actually link to the correct ship and the extra ships will be invisible if you try to go to them. Once you've given an order to the idle ship then it's duplicates will also disappear from the list. This bug seems most prominent when there are multiple ships in a sector but it does happen to lone probes as well. For example earlier I built a colony ship and two outpost ships and in my idle list it listed something like:

Code:

Outpost Ship x 2

Once I'd given orders to the three real ships, all five "idle" ships disappeared.
    Last edited by KyleMac; 05-31-2012 at 11:38 PM.