I like the sound of alliances. But I don't think the current client set up is really conducive for setting up or maintaining alliances - especially since the end game is all about an individual winner. Plus, I initially thought with Trader being one of the character choices, and having a chat menu, etc that this game would be more social, but of all the multiple servers I'm on, I've only ever been contacted by like three people, which is averaging less than one per server/game. At that rate, getting an alliance together consisting of more than two people would be impressive, lol.

Wish we could see if anyone was getting closer to completing a win condition for their character selection, to know if they are balanced or not. Have any homeworlds been destroyed by a Warlord? Have any traders accumulated over 1 billion of CO or RO? Has anyone collapsed a star? How do we know when the game is over - will we try to log on to a server and there will be a system notification? I thought games were to continue until someone won, but I see that some end July 23, 24, etc. so will the winner be whoever has the most points, or is the closest to meeting their win condition? hmmmm Probably the wrong thread for these questions, sorry! lol