Thread: Trade Statistics

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by VanderLegion View Post
    I like this idea, but first we need a better way to see what trade routes we actually have set up. I've pretty much given up on playing my trader on Aruru because 1) the fact that I still can't set up trade routes from one other players planet to multiple of my planets (which is my understanding of what you SHOULD be able to do), since after I set up the first route there's no option to set up any others, and 2) because the only way to tell if I have trade routes set up is to look at the destination planets and pick out all the ones from there, or go into the ai ships tab and look at it there, then figure out what planets I have routes set up with, then go figure out WHERE those planets are, then go looking around to figure out what other planets I DON'T have trade routes set up with yet so I can create em.
    I can't say I blame you... I've had to set up a spreadsheet and get REALLY good at reading the coordinates (which is difficult because they are off by 1 on the listing next to the planet). It also doesn't help that the planet information isn't available when you aren't there, but I've complained enough about that on other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiHaze View Post
    I can't say I blame you... I've had to set up a spreadsheet and get REALLY good at reading the coordinates (which is difficult because they are off by 1 on the listing next to the planet). It also doesn't help that the planet information isn't available when you aren't there, but I've complained enough about that on other threads.
    Yah, I'm playing on Ninhursag as a trader and I'm doing the same thing. I just already had so many trade routes etc set up on Aruru that I didn't feel like going through them all and figuring out where they were going to create a spreadsheet there. I might go do it soon, I've been keeping up with what I have on the server, just haven't been setting up new trade routes etc. The coordinates setup don't bother me in the slightest, since I'm a programmer myself so I'm used to looking at everything from 0-whatever instead of starting at 1. I actually didn't think about the fact that it could be confusing for other people...

Quote Originally Posted by VanderLegion View Post
    The coordinates setup don't bother me in the slightest, since I'm a programmer myself so I'm used to looking at everything from 0-whatever instead of starting at 1. I actually didn't think about the fact that it could be confusing for other people...
    Ahh. My background is in economics and accounting, so I like when things are efficient and match lol