Thread: Calculating harvester routes

Hybrid View

Harvesters take the shortest route... by first going diagonally towards the destination until they hit its X or Y axis, then they travel horizontally or vertically along the X or Y axis until they reach the destination.

So if Source is 0,0 and Destination is 3,10 the route would be...

Make sense?
    --
    Noah

Good information.

Is the rate of travel between systems static, or does the location within the system / planet of orbit effect the time it takes to jump out of the original system?

When landing in a system, does a harvester first land at the "default" landing square in the system grid, and then perform a second jump to the destination planet, etc?

Wonder if there is a way to accurately calculate the duration of the following actions of a ship on autopilot:

1) Origin departure (i.e., given the command when idle under player control)
    2) Inter-system transit
    3) Destination Arrival and Delivery / Source Arrival and Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Jaofos View Post
    Wonder if there is a way to accurately calculate the duration of the following actions of a ship on autopilot:

1) Origin departure (i.e., given the command when idle under player control)
    2) Inter-system transit
    3) Destination Arrival and Delivery / Source Arrival and Pickup
    We've asked for ETA's for ships on autopilot and I think the devs are looking into adding that information to the display