Thread: Easier Asset Monitoring and Management

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Syelnicar View Post
    But also keep in mind that this is still a fairly new game, with I'm sure lots of things on their to-do list. Your idea sounds great, don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to find a middle ground with an easier implementation until such a thing can be developed.
    The problem (and I agree with what he's saying) is that your suggestion doesn't help. All it would do is group planets in the same system together, which you can already easily do by using naming conventions and sorting alphabetically (I use a system name, then Prime for a colony if there is one and 2+ for the other outposts, or 1+ for each outpost if there's no colony), but that doesn't tell you anything about what ELSE is in the same system - ships, production, etc. The ship view doesn't sort by planet/system (that I know of), so that view doesn't help any.

And easier to implement isn't always the most important thing. I would argue that easier access to information - such as Royce is asking for - especially trade routes and harvesting routes is a CRUCIAL update that this game needs. I enjoy the game so far, but I doubt it'll end up being something I play long-term if that doesn't get fixed, its just way too difficult to keep track of stuff right now once you have more than a few colonies/trade routes.
    Last edited by VanderLegion; 06-10-2012 at 09:31 AM.