Thread: Future changes and thoughts... For 1.0.8

Hybrid View

Just realized I had lost like 20 or 30 outposts before I even noticed because the game didnt have the courtesy to send me so much as an in game notice that my ships and outposts were being attacked.

Good day to you all, I shant be playing again.

As a player who likes to try different strategies, I would feel more comfortable if I could use a different name each game. I worry about players I've attacked (or even betrayed) in one game having a vendetta out for me in future games because they assume I will be agressive again. Some times I like to play a trustworthy Trader ally. Other times I want to be a cuthroat Warlord. But I know that I'll be forever carry a mark once enough players associate my name with something bad from a game long over.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeith27 View Post
    As a player who likes to try different strategies, I would feel more comfortable if I could use a different name each game. I worry about players I've attacked (or even betrayed) in one game having a vendetta out for me in future games because they assume I will be agressive again. Some times I like to play a trustworthy Trader ally. Other times I want to be a cuthroat Warlord. But I know that I'll be forever carry a mark once enough players associate my name with something bad from a game long over.
    Not currently possible with the existing accounting setup. However I will be revisiting the account server soon because we need to get off the crappy db engine it uses, so I will see if this is something we can do.