Ok so some more outloud thinking about combat. So we know that they are slowing combat down to 30 min fights roughly this is a nice thought in theory but in practice who it going to help? The defender. When I've been attacking somebody under the current system yes I swarm somebody with a huge amount of ships in one giant fleet. I know they don't want giant fleets of "small" ships and I agree with the idea, but with new system we will still see giant fleets of "big" ships. I'm not going to send in two partial fleets no matter what. It takes more than 30 min to get across a galaxy sector with most traditional fights. And it takes more than an hour or two to build one "big" ship so for the attacker it's best to build big fleet of big ships and attack. The defender will get a bonus to their formidable defense if they can fly in ships you may have had defending a different system or you were massing for your own defense. Not sure how to fix this cycle but just thought I would bring it up how I see it playing out.