Thread: Future changes and thoughts... For 1.0.8

Hybrid View

I am starting to think the Researcher victory condition is too easy. By the time you've ranked up the skill tree, you have all the resources you need to build Solar Core Taps and collapsing 12 suns doesn't seem too difficult compared to destroying homeworlds (Warlord) and collecting a huge amount of resources (Trader). This may be something you want to look into.

Yes especially given that if you own 12 systems then the 24hr counter for the black hole to form is a moot point. Maybe make it some how so that it has to be suns with HW systems in them?

Or reminicent of EVE, yes I used to play, a black hole event could trigger an emergency notification for "X" amount of sectors, there by giving people/allainces a chance to shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Marked View Post
    Or reminicent of EVE, yes I used to play, a black hole event could trigger an emergency notification for "X" amount of sectors, there by giving people/allainces a chance to shut it down.
    I like this idea. As it stands, if you just kill your own stars like you said, the only way anyone will ever know is if they are actively and fairly regularly checking all the nearby stars to see if anyone is doing so. If you got a warning that it was being done nearby that would make it far easier to fight against a researcher.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzachary View Post
    I am starting to think the Researcher victory condition is too easy. By the time you've ranked up the skill tree, you have all the resources you need to build Solar Core Taps and collapsing 12 suns doesn't seem too difficult compared to destroying homeworlds (Warlord) and collecting a huge amount of resources (Trader). This may be something you want to look into.
    Yah, I made a post about this in the Tech Support forum. Warlord is the only victory condition where the requirements change depending how many players there are. On the whole, if people defend their homeworlds destroying 12 stars will be FAR easier to do than killing a bunch of homeworlds, and the trader victory is all but impossible as far as I can tell, especially on a small server (such as Atargatis which only has 31 players).