Thread: Future changes and thoughts... For 1.0.8

Hybrid View

Thanks for the insight on where the trader bonus comes from, it makes sense now. I'm for warlord keeping the PK exclusive and giving them a reduction on cost to the other ships. Opening up the other caps would be nice.

I like truckingyoda's idea of the warlord being able to pump out more ships than anyone else. As a warring nation, one expects their production capabilities to be higher than normal. Think The United States and WWII, we won because we were able to out produce the Axis. To combat this, the Trader should start with Orbital Defenses already researched, as their primary focus should be defending their trade routes.

I also love the idea of effectively blockading an area of space around your planet(s) or attempting to lay siege to another player's planets. If someone wants to spend their unit cap on Orbitals or minefields surrounding someone else's planet(s) or their own, why stop them? Fleets definitely shouldn't have unrestricted access to someone's own territory. Mining the area around the Sun would help slow down or destroy would-be attackers.

Obviously having a limited area of expansion based on PCCs would also help this, but one would have to protect those PCCs, as in Jet's idea of refueling stations. The PCCs with limited range of outward expansion would effectively act as a form of "refueling station. If it had a visual radius, one would have to consciensly make sure hey overlapped each PCCs radius in order to continue traveling to their desired area of expansion or conquest.

On the topic of Warlords scavenging, I don't like the idea and I think the Warlord getting a production bonus would solve this, as well as Traders having orbital defenses already researchEd (maybe even advanced Orbitals). I know I always research that tree right off the bat as a trader anyway, as I know I can't compete with a Warlord's Super Caps. But my 30 Advanced Orbitals around my HW can (to a degree).

Let me stop here and see if there is anything I missed.
    Last edited by ChickenHawk07; 06-22-2012 at 02:41 PM.