While some of the issues are definitely to be expected with the launch of a new MMO style game (servers crashing, lag, etc), and others are just to be expected in a new game until things have had time to settle and get balanced (unbalanced specialties or win conditions), losing 3 servers completely was a bit outside the normal expectations, and some of the issues that have cropped up seem like things that really should have been noticed before release (victory conditions that simply don't work, trade problems, the original object count limit not working which they at least got fixed quickly). The game just doesn't feel like it was ready for release yet. That said, I'm still having a lot of fun playing it and am willing to give the devs the benefit of a doubt. They're obviously working hard to get things fixed and are (somewhat?) responsive to the community, more than most devs (though not quite as much as some, which is understandable since I'm sure they're quite busy working on fixing/changing stuff). The fact that they're extending subscriptions for free until they get things settled means I'll keep playing and give them a chance to fix things. Otherwise I'd have probably quit by now (or at least when my 1 month ended) and probably come back in a few months to see how it was doing, since I really want Empire to succeed and become a great game and one I feel I can recommend to friends, I was looking forward to it from the time I first heard about it.