I think a large part of our problem is that even I, the pessimist, really severely underestimated the problems that would occur by only having two developers. Personally I have pretty much stopped posting because when I'm posting I'm not coding, or reading the bug reports, or doing any number of other things that need doing. It can take several hours to pull the logs, and run through them to investigate a single "my ship is missing" report. That's time that would probably be better spent fixing the bug.

I think in the short term, you're going to see less posting from us because there are some massive changes coming that I know Lee has been working on with people on the forum. Z has pretty much wrapped the combat simulator, so once he gets that to me I can start working on it and he can start updating the client. I'm sure we'll all still be posting, but not like we were for the first few weeks after release. We're also working on addressing the shortcomings in our infrastructure so that operating the servers is less manpower-intensive and doesn't result in disasters like what caused the loss of those three servers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
There are two outcomes here, either the game gets polished and complete or the Devs keeps working at it until their coffers run dry and they have to close up shop.
This comes up now and then, so let me put it to rest right now. The game will not be ending because we ran out of money. It could end because Z and I drown in the Bahamas or something, but running out of money for colocation fees just isn't even on the radar.

Besides, someone bought a lifetime subscription. How could we pull the plug on that kind of optimism ?