Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skill Points?

Hybrid View

Ah ha! So we now finally know what is required to get into the center. It isn't a set number of points, per say, it's just researching a tier 6. So, looks like I might be able to get into the Center finally.

Can we get any clarification on this?

I'm not understanding how to figure out what TL I am at. I am trying to get to the centre.

Each technology you research has a Tier Level associated with it. You must research a Tier 1 technology before researching a Tier 2, and so on and so forth. I believe you can check where you stand by going through your research tree and looking at each tech you have researched. Look for the highest ones and see which Tier they fall under. Just be advised, Tier 6 takes 192 Hours to research, so it basically takes about 1 month or more get to that level, depending on your research pattern.

This doesn't seem to work on the tutorial server. Haven't been able to get to centre and I have tier6 skills.

Not sure about the Tutorial Server. I would assume since there are no win conditions in the Tutorial Server, that maybe there is no way to get into the center?

Doubtful, the tutorial server should allow you to get to the centre and find artifacts… I would think the tutorial server simply has no win conditions.

I've been waiting a week to comment on this because I did not want anyone on Belitlli to know I had reached tier 6, but tier 6 is NOT the ticket to gaining entry to the center of the universe. I researched Gravitron physics and my probes still died at the dividing line. I tried several more times while I was running the solar core taps as I researched additional lower tier items, but I never gained entry. I cannot recall the exact numbers of research I had during my last attempt, but I believe it was about 38 skills and 270-ish "skill points", whatever that is (i'm less sure of this last number).

I never believed simply reaching tier 6 was the key anyway. For one, it unfairly favors researchers, who are already at an advantage with win conditions. Further, Tsagoth's explanation did not (in my mind) make any reference to tier 6 research, so I was surprised when people interpreted it that way. Rather it discusses "tech level 6" and in a context that implies that it is something not mentioned in the in-game menus. I have no idea what tech level is and Tsagoth did not explain it, but it appears to be something in the code that we can obtain, but there is no indication how tech level is calculated.

I agree with Jean Arnaud, as he pointed out Tsagoth's explanation wasn't very clear.

I never believed it was just a T6 skill.

I already won one game by solar tapping, and I only did that because I couldn't enter the center after having that skill.

I actually suspect it's a combination of skills much like viewing black holes. I suspect it's leveling up certain skills to level 6 (this might be Tech6), as well as combining other skills. On Lamashtu I've made some friends who will allow me to experiment until I figure it out.

I suspect the center requires being able to detect anomolies as well as being able to to cloak... I also suspect it requires being able take heavy damage... so there's some Level6 skills required... to take damage.

One bit of knowledge that highlights the difficulty here (and the importance of targeting the tier 6 skills) is that if we focused only on tier 1 and tier 2 skills, after 60 days, we would have only 120 points (non-researcher) or 160 points (researcher).

Astrophysics at level 7, and still no access to the centre of the map.

Working on Hyperspace Physics now.

I'm also pretty sure I am TL6… but maybe I calculated wrong… I just don't know….