Thread: Update on client?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Since I can just look in the db to find them, I flew to the first artifact. Planet_196 on Irkalla and I can see it fine. It's at G 1,0 S 3,23 the yellow sun with one planet in the very bottom left of the map. If you don't see it, then I'll have to do some digging.

Edit: According to the db, Irkalla has 11 artifacts.
    Interesting... For me it's G1,0 S4,23 and I only see one planet to the left of the Sun.

At this planet there's a bunch of NPC's and I can see your planet killer there as well. I notice for you it says Tech10 while the NPC's and myself say tech0. Furthermore I have not been able to interact with these NPC's. In the past I've been able to colonize and outpost these planets but it had no effect on the NPC's. I tried to attack as well to no effect.

If the NPC's are the 'artifact' then I can see them but not interact with them. if there is supposed to be a different visual or graphic or something in this system then I certainly do not see it or I am missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLion View Post
    Interesting... For me it's G1,0 S4,23 and I only see one planet to the left of the Sun.

At this planet there's a bunch of NPC's and I can see your planet killer there as well. I notice for you it says Tech10 while the NPC's and myself say tech0. Furthermore I have not been able to interact with these NPC's. In the past I've been able to colonize and outpost these planets but it had no effect on the NPC's. I tried to attack as well to no effect.

If the NPC's are the 'artifact' then I can see them but not interact with them. if there is supposed to be a different visual or graphic or something in this system then I certainly do not see it or I am missing something.
    Hmm, that's interesting. When I flew there I didn't see anybody there, just the artifact. There's no reason that the npc's should be invis to me. I don't understand the different grid reference either, that is very strange. That sounds like the right system, there is just the one planet on the lower left of the sector.

Edit: Ok, I was just being dumb, it is in fact 4,23 for me as well. I also see your probe but not my PK. So there is something whack here.

If you see the NPC's then just scroll down. Your PK is under the 2 NPC' PK's.

Also note my probe is a fleet of 1 ship around the sun. This isn't really relevant but I though I should mention it because I found ship positions to differ depending on fleet vs regular and a difference depending on ally vs foe.

Take your PK and turn it into a fleet and it would show up next to the NPC's I think.

Edit: P.S. On the issue of community management… I could possibly help with that. I have some experience with Customer Service and PR. I could provide my Linkedin profile if this was something of interest.
    Last edited by WhiteLion; 08-26-2012 at 03:23 AM.