Supamand - It turns out that my understanding of the combat system was flawed in a few pretty important ways so I've been spreading some disinformation. There are some systems in the game that I had a more direct hand in designing (trade / tech progressions / resource production) but combat isn't one of them. Anyhow, the big thing that I misunderstood was that an attackers ATK is distributed amongst targets until all it's damage has been dealt. For example if a ship with an ATK of 18 would destroy 9 ships with a DEF of 1 in a single attack. Previously my understanding was that attackers could only choose a single target per round so the ship with an ATK of 18 would only destroy 1 ship per round.

If you've ever played Magic the Gathering it's like the difference between how regular creatures attack and block vs. creatures with trample. In EotE ships attack as though they're all creature with trample.

Clearly I'll need to revise the tutorial, since there's demand for a written manual I'll create that first with the updated information and then go back and revise the videos.