Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post
I'll reserve final judgement until I've played through a game or two, but this sounds crazy to me. Theoretically, it seems like this guarantees no meaningful early to mid-game interactions between players, since early to mid-game ships are not capable of being a threat to anyone.
I don't understand why you're so convinced that killing colonies is the only meaningful interaction in this game...
I suppose outposts are still relatively vulnerable (once the bugs there are fixed), but stealing someone's outpost is not going to have much of an effect at all in this game. To really hurt someone, you are going to have to take out their shipyards and colonies, which you simply won't be able to do conventionally.
Really? Look at your homeworld. How much mineral production is it getting you, 1k CO and maybe a little RO? I don't care how many shipyards/defenses you have, colonies alone aren't going to make you NEARLY enough ore to actually build anything. If you kill all of osmeone's outposts, they're pretty much going to be dead in the water unable to do anything with just their colonies.