Thread: confused about trade

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    So from all of this I can assume the following equation:
    CO=(distance*%factor)*(planet ore*%factor + planet RO*%factor)=value, if value > cargo capacity, then set value=cargo capacity.
    I'm all for formulae. We would have a better jumping-off point if we could at least observe the contents of the freighter while en route. If cargo capacity is only relevant when picking up ore while harvesting, then we can remove the "if value>cargo, then value=cargo" condition.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiHaze View Post
    We would have a better jumping-off point if we could at least observe the contents of the freighter while en route.
    Under the ships menu > AI ships if you select a ship that has cargo it should be displayed first thing in the info box. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Question though: If someone shows up and wants to start a trade will it send you a conformation for said trade? Or can they just start trading and I not even realize it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cazargar View Post
    Under the ships menu > AI ships if you select a ship that has cargo it should be displayed first thing in the info box. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Question though: If someone shows up and wants to start a trade will it send you a conformation for said trade? Or can they just start trading and I not even realize it?
    Doesn't tell me how much ore the ship is carrying, which is a vital piece of information for assessing the efficiency of the route.