Thread: Lamashtu ended: SKeith wins

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Arnaud View Post
    Have you read the thread on skill points? I'd be happy if someone was able to come up with a counter-argument to my calculations and prove me wrong, but I do not think it is mathmatically possible to achieve the tech level required to penetrate the center of the universe (tech level 6), even as a researcher.
    I have read the Skill Points thread and I am impressed with the depth of your analysis and rationale of your conclusions. However, I do believe you based your equations on certain assumptions that may be throwing your conclusions off. Of course, I may be misunderstanding one or more of your points, so take that statement with a grain of salt.

In any case, my future line of experiments will not focus on the acquisition of Skill Points at all. I wish to study the interesting phenomenon I witnessed when I actually paid close attention to the center of the map and the subtle changes it made throughout my game.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeith27 View Post
    However, I do believe you based your equations on certain assumptions that may be throwing your conclusions off.
    This is a fair point and one I acknowledge. My calculation of "max points" is potentially flawed, but I think it is the most likely calculation given the very limited, off-the-cuff mention of how to calculate tech level that Tsagoth provided. If we get more information, I will certainly revise the analysis.

I look forward to hearing the results of your research.