Thread: Stealth

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    The Cloaking skill is the counter to Stealth. In your example, if you have no Cloaking skill, it is very unlikely (pretty much zero) that your 999 monitors would survive. The planet would be ruined, but you would be unable to actually take it over unless you destroyed the orbitals.
    This doesn't make any sense with the skills unless the descriptions are way off. Cloaking, a rank 5 skill, says "Ships/Fleets are invisble to other players/AI. Togglable(sp?) active skill. Players cannot attack while cloaked and move at -50% speed. Speed penalty reduced at -10% per rank" This says nothing about detecting cloaked ships. The only other skill that talks about cloaking is the skill "stealth orbitals" which also just says "High energy hide-and-seek. +10% increase in orbitals avoiding detection"

So would sending in more ships to the battle(not the defender's) give more chances to detect cloaked ships? If not I think it doesn't make sense. IRL if you get shot at something invisible you keep trying to figure out where it is
    --- *Member of the SCAT alliance* ---
    My device: iPod Touch 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanius View Post
    So would sending in more ships to the battle(not the defender's) give more chances to detect cloaked ships? If not I think it doesn't make sense. IRL if you get shot at something invisible you keep trying to figure out where it is
    Yes, it would. Every time the targeting changes, an attacker gets a chance. So while you're beating down his ships, every time one pops and one of your needs a new target, it gets a chance. If everything is gone except for the stealths and the planet, then you're stuck, because target selection won't run again.

If you fly a new ship in, it gets one chance and if it fails, then it will just pile on the planet as well.