Thread: Researcher Win Condition questions

Hybrid View

1) When a star is collapsed, supposedly having researched hyperspace physics will protect your ship from the ensuing blackhole. Elsewhere there is a thread that said this was not enough, that surviving a black hole relied on some hidden "skill points". As a researcher if I collapse a star with one rank in hyperspace physics, will my ships survive?

2) The solar cap description states that making the black hole destroys orbitals and ships in the system; does it destroy the planets? It seems like a tangent idea of the solar tap is to create a "safe haven" for everyone with the research to survive in there.

Quote Originally Posted by catswift View Post
    1) When a star is collapsed, supposedly having researched hyperspace physics will protect your ship from the ensuing blackhole. Elsewhere there is a thread that said this was not enough, that surviving a black hole relied on some hidden "skill points". As a researcher if I collapse a star with one rank in hyperspace physics, will my ships survive.
    Im pretty sure that only applies to the large alien anomaly, and that you can survive black holes with just hyperspace tech.